Best Truck to Drive

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
AhmadMukhtarPK

13 Dec 2014 19:19

Which truck should one choose to drive and why ?

ZelvaCZ

13 Dec 2014 20:08

You need to choose your favourite truck yourself :)

I personally prefer Volvo FH16 2012. It has the strongest engine and accelerating with the 750hp engine is no pain, compared to some Renaults with 300hp. It has also a nice interior imo :)
Next truck I would recommend is Sisu - it is a mod truck, but you can find it almost everywhere. It also has a powerful engine and I like its design - it is a bit improved Renault Premium. I also like its interior.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2014 01:51

I think the nicest truck to drive is the new DAF XF Euro6, but, seeing as (due to the map scale/distance compression) you spend such a disproportionate time accellerating, there is no point in driving anything but the most powerfull truck in the game. Seriously, with a less powerfull truck (like a Renault or a Mercedez) you have to be selective about jobs. If there are a lot of toll road sections in the route, you can't take a heavy load on a time critical job, because you just won't make it due to time lost accellerating.

Personally, I prefer the "old" Volvo FH to the new one, because I like the interior and the mirrors better.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

AhmadMukhtarPK

14 Dec 2014 10:34

I currently drive Volvo FH16 Classic.. I like the interior of this one :D
will give it a try to DAF XF Euro6

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2014 11:26

Strange, I was just thinking about this yesterday. I somewhat disagree with Jan (yes, of course the torque curve is simulated badly, but, as I used to drive nothing but the most powerful trucks, and have recently converted to more "normal" 450-500hp fleet trucks, I have to say the power is not an issue at all. I do agree that, if you choose a hilly route, it's impossible in a < 400hp truck). One thing I noticed, stepping from the Scania R440 into a DAF Euro 6 with the same mass of load, is that the latter seems to have much more torque.

From a non-power point of view, the Scania is almost certainly the most refined of trucks, and just seems to do its job remarkably well. You can't really go wrong with one. The Volvo FH and FH 2012 are also both sublime trucks to drive. The DAF 105 and 106 are worth a shout if you want a smooth, attractive truck. Everything else seems a bit boring in my opinion, of course excluding mod trucks. I will definitely add some Mercedes trucks to my garage when the licence is released, however. Obviously I cannot comment on their driving experience in-game or in real life as yet.

AhmadMukhtarPK

14 Dec 2014 14:34

I haven't used any truck other than Volvo till now (except during quick jobs)
but the best ones in my opinion are Volvo due to there high hps as well as interior design..
Also I used DAF XF Euro 6 today first time and noticed a slight better performance but it may be due to my Volvo is not much upgraded.. Will see after buying DAF alongside Volvo to compare both of them.

Rocar 512E

14 Dec 2014 22:39

DAF 6 Is my new fav, but i you're looking for a mod truck, MAZ 54409 Rus is best ;)

HenryJensen

18 Dec 2014 15:51

In real life here in Denmark, I have had no problems by driving a Scania with 320 BHP and 30 tons total weight. ( according to monitor readen on the dashboard) but here in the game, I have found out that if you want job done properly, then you need a truck with at least 450 BHP ( or something close to that).
But my best trucks in the game is Volvo and Scania :D :D , properly because I know them best from Real life. At the company where I am working we have the Volvo FM serie, the newest one has around 410 BHP, and the Scania is I guess it is the P-serie. In the department where I am, we mostly drive local distribution.

The worst :cry: :cry: trucks in the game is Iveco low roof and less than 400 BHP. specially if you want to drive from Hungary to Poland via the hills in Slovakia.
I have not been there for real but I am sure that the game has given us a picture of how steap they can be.

stummer
Donation rank:

18 Dec 2014 17:20

I love the Mercedes (with a mod for the original brand tho) - and I finished all of my jobs in time so far. I have no problems reaching my cruise speed of 85 km/h.

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

18 Dec 2014 18:04

I loved the DAF Euro6 from the start, but I still upgraded it to 850bhp ;) :lol: .

On a side note, the AI trucks seem to drive more realistically now. You soon know there's an under-powered truck in front when you're crawling along behind it :x
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information