Hadrians wall

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
HenryJensen

15 Dec 2014 11:18

Yeasterday I had a drive of my life on the promod map. I was going from western France to Aberdeen. when I drove in the haboursection of Cherbourg I was thinking of the film "The longest day" an old B/W movie about the Invasion of Normandy. And when I came to the north of England I was wondering:" Can I be able to see Hadrians Wall in Promod?" ( in the current version of promod)

I am Danish but I have learned a little bit about the Romans era in England and how they were fighting against the barbarians ( The celts) and I have there for learned that Hadrian build the wall to protect the citizens of Roman England.

Have a nice day and BTW the patch known from RUSmap is working on promod too so I have no problems now.

Thank u for the good work :D :D :D

ScuL
Founder

20 Dec 2014 01:00

I don't think it's in the game but having been there in real life I can say the remaining areas are very far from the motorway and there is hardly any wall left!!
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

HenryJensen

20 Dec 2014 19:33

Thank u It ws just a thought. You know the mind can wandere when we are alone on the motorway, with the high power machine underneath you. Have a nice weekend

adrian007
Donation rank:

22 Dec 2014 22:58

As Scul remarked there really isn't a lot left of the wall and probably a lot less since I saw it last over 20 odd years ago ;) I know that the coverage of London is pretty poor in the map but there is a bit left of the Roman Wall that runs under Tower Green and picks up here and there around London.
http://archive.museumoflondon.org.uk/Lo ... nWallWalk/
Regards
Adrian 8-)

jontsuba
Donation rank:

23 Dec 2014 04:14

adrian007 wrote:As Scul remarked there really isn't a lot left of the wall and probably a lot less since I saw it last over 20 odd years ago ;) I know that the coverage of London is pretty poor in the map but there is a bit left of the Roman Wall that runs under Tower Green and picks up here and there around London.
http://archive.museumoflondon.org.uk/Lo ... nWallWalk/
Regards
Adrian 8-)
Duh, he wasn't refering to Londinium's walls but to a wall 100 km long erected by Hadrian between more or less Newcastle and Carlisle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrian%27s_Wall

adrian007
Donation rank:

23 Dec 2014 07:21

yeah mate what I meant was that if Henry Jensen was interested in Hadrian's Wall there is a bit more information about the Old London Wall than Hadrian's Wall owing to it's remote locations.
Regards
Adrian 8-)

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information