Can you rename scs files?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
zheka160

11 Mar 2015 15:58

Is it ok to rename SCS mod files?

Reason why, is sometimes the SCS file named not exact as its titled in the thread post. So if there are any issues with the mod, I would know exactly what mod it is. Instead of trailer123.scs I would rename lets say to trailerpepsibyauthor.scs

Also, what does "standalone" trailer means? I also noticed some title "trailer skins"
Which types of trailers appear only in traffic, or only as cargo or both?
Yes it's a n00b questions, but I'm new to ETS

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

11 Mar 2015 16:01

Yes you can change the file names. You of course need to enable the mod again ingame since the game doesn't detect the name change. It will report the old mod as missing as well.

Standalone means that it runs on only his own files. So it doesn't replace any of SCS their files or vehicles making it compatible with practially anything (please notice that there are modders that can't make a proper standalone trailer but call it like one).
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

XZV

11 Mar 2015 16:03

I was just about to comment but theres a Ninja above me :(
Headquarters: Hamburg, Germany
Registration Plate: HH WB 67
Map Explored: 61.87%
Distance travelled: 68,131 km

#JeSuisCharlie

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

11 Mar 2015 16:08

Ok to rename your mod files... yes and no. Yes, you can change the names (sometimes you have to), but the main consideration is load order, that is, the order in which the game sorts the mod names in your profile and loads them, as settings from one mod can override another's and lead to unexpected results. E.g. Rusmap needs to load after ProMods or you won't be able to pan the map far enough to see Russian cities.

A standlone trailer means the trailer is added to the game, a trailer skin is an extra livery for a trailer that's already in the game. Both types can show up as both cargo and in AI traffic; this depends on the individual trailer's settings (oversize trailer tend not to show up in AI traffic, e.g).
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

zheka160

11 Mar 2015 16:51

Thank you so much for the quick replies

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information