Creating a new company in ETS2

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
zebenji
Graphics Designer

15 Apr 2015 15:53

Howdy!

I have an not-that-really-off-topic question to ask you, especially these who enjoy creating mods.

Here's the thing. I want to create a whole new company where I could deliver or pick up trailers. Let's call it Test. In fact, my goal is to replace the LKW company in Caen by my Test company. Of course, I can just edit the DDS logos... but in that case, evert LKW companies in game become Test companies, and it's not what I want. I want to replace just one company.

Up to this point, I created new logos. Then I created and edited a few files in the "def" folder. I created a company.worldcompanies.sii file (following the example of company.promods.sii), created a test.sii file, created a file in the "editor" folder to add that factory in Caen. However, when I load my mini-mod, I still have the LKW company in Caen. My theory was that the game still thinks that this company belongs to LKW... but I don't know how to disable that information. I also thought about duplicating a prefab: I tried to change the prefab number but the building is still the same on the map. I'm out of ideas, this is why I'm coming to y'all. :)

Here's what I've done so far :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jlzuc ... ompany.scs

Of course my final goal is not to have a Test company, but to create very specific companies in a few cities. I find weird that a place as diversified as Europe has the same 10/12 companies all across the map, and I'd like to add a few exceptions there and there.

Not sure if anyone can give me a hint about what to do, because I don't even know if it's possible to replace just one company without altering the map. Many thanks in advance if anyone can give me a piece of advise - or say that it's not possible.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information