ETS 2 World Map

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
veso266

05 Jun 2015 11:57

Hi I wonder will there ever be world map for ETS 2 (Including Europe (I am sure that ProMods will cover all Europe some day), Africa (TSM covers it, if I could have Africa from TSM in ProMods map would be great :) , Asia (will there ever be anything for Asia), New Zeland and Australia for USA we will have ATS (America Truck Simulator)

I would be realy great if some day I can get around the world in ETS 2

What do you guys think

MYE2001

05 Jun 2015 12:17

I think this is almost impossible.Europe is really small continent compared to Asia,America etc. ,and you can see how long does the work take time.Asia,America,Africa are much more bigger than Europe even you decrease the density.It will be even a huge amount of even multiple teams like promods works on it.And I don`t think promods will share work with TSM.And ATS doesn`t cover America,only USA.

veso266

05 Jun 2015 12:53

If ATS is not for America why is that called America Truck Simulator? (So that mean it doesn't have South America

MYE2001

05 Jun 2015 14:45

veso266 wrote:If ATS is not for America why is that called America Truck Simulator? (So that mean it doesn't have South America
It has USA,no South America,no Mexico,no Panama,Nicaragua etc. And as I know Canada also won`t be added.

Ostpuff
Developer

05 Jun 2015 16:00

iirc I think SCS said they wanted to make a bit of Canada as well, maybe not at release but eventually. Haven't heard anything about Mexico though.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

volan123
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2015 16:18

I think SCS plans to have Canada and Mexico as well ;)
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

05 Jun 2015 16:29

Don't forget that:

- North America is much bigger than Europe if you exclude Russia. Canada is the second-largest country in the world!
- ATS will work with a different scale than Euro Truck Simulator. Instead of 1:19, they will work with 1:25 or 1:30 (something in that direction.
- TSM Africa is mostly bad copy-paste work. I've seen parts of Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands (!) and France in this part of the map, all completely out of place!
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Vladzz-G
Developer

05 Jun 2015 16:36

MandelSoft wrote: - TSM Africa is mostly bad copy-paste work. I've seen parts of Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands (!) and France in this part of the map, all completely out of place!
Except Marocco and Algier. There contains original TSM's stuff from their work in GTS (German Truck Simulator). Also Tunis (city) is from GTS. All another stuff is copypasted (by the way, Tangier city also). ;)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Horizon™
Developer

05 Jun 2015 16:41

Like I seen, what California looked like as size of Germany or something like that - I think it is very big map and will get bigger than ETS2 map- 2-3x bigger.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Polestar
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2015 18:19

What MandelSoft said is very true, TSM is very big, but it's all copy paste with only the roads inbetween looking a bit good. You enter Madrid and it's exactly London!

That's why I like that ProMods keeps continuing. It's getting bigger and bigger. World would be awesome, but hard to make, and you would get drives like Vladivostok - Johannesburg, it would take days in-game time to drive that! My longest drive ever is Vicenza - Turku and it got boring even then.
For short distances in maybe Russia, Asia, or North America, it would be fun. But I rather wait for ATS and play two games simmultaneously.
Current truck: 2021 Mercedes Actros MP5
Current trailer: 2021 Schmitz S.KO
License plate:
Image Image

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information