Extreme Euro trucking videos

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Gazer75
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2015 10:54

Figured a thread like this would be nice. Share videos you find ;)

Guess the Youtube link code is not working?
Last edited by tkk7406 on 06 Jun 2015 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the YouTube tag for you ;)

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2015 17:10

Good grief! I was a nervous wreck just watching that. I cannot even imagine what the driver felt like... :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Aussie Trucker

07 Jun 2015 00:07

We don't have the tunnels like that but the twisty turny roads on the side of the hills reminds me of dragging logs out of the bush. Dirt tracks, steep hills, no room for error and the only thing between you and the truck coming up the track empty is the CB radio which you monitor constantly as you negotiate the often wet and slippery roads with 40 tonne of logs on the back.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

07 Jun 2015 00:44

I was really impressed by another of this series in which the driver was hauling a load of logs...

...which had been quite carefully stacked higher on the left (downhill) side at an angle that was just barely enough to clear those overhangs and oddly shaped rock tunnels.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Gazer75
Donation rank:

08 Jun 2015 12:37

Part of nat. road 13 between E134 and E39 which is in Scandinavia DLC, but obviously not accurately represented :P
Bridge crossing is here: http://osm.org/go/0TD3ZRQ--?m=
I am not 100% sure but I think the bridge the person filming is using, is only for pedestrians these days.

Aussie Trucker

09 Jun 2015 00:19

Gazer75 wrote: I am not 100% sure but I think the bridge the person filming is using, is only for pedestrians these days.
No point letting a good bridge go to waste :)

Dunno whether it went global or not but for a while we had a show on in Aus which I think came from American Discovery channel where they put several truck drivers on some of the worlds most dangerous roads and another where they just showed truckies doing their jobs in the local environment. One episode showed a road in Aus that we used to use for log carting and while it was pretty treacherous it was nothing on the roads in India and places like that where they count the number of fatalities in the hundreds and many of the trucks that have fallen off the road are just left at the bottom of mountains because they can't be retrieved.

Gazer75
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2015 15:59

I was some of the guys from Ice Road Truckers series that went to India. They aired that on Discovery here as well.

The roads in that TV show are way more extreme than anything you find around here thank God.

MIRFI
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2015 16:18

Good show indeed!

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2015 20:59

Gazer75 wrote:I was some of the guys from Ice Road Truckers series that went to India. They aired that on Discovery here as well.

The roads in that TV show are way more extreme than anything you find around here thank God.
I know! Watched that too and got quite scared on many occasions, nothing anywhere near that bad in Britain obviously ;).

Aussie Trucker

10 Jun 2015 00:38

Gazer75 wrote:I was some of the guys from Ice Road Truckers series that went to India. They aired that on Discovery here as well.

Yeah that was one of the ones we got too (along with Ice Road truckers). Unfortunately like most of those shows there was a bit too much 'for the camera' footage where they created a situation that didn't need to be created or common sense was thrown out the window but some of the roads were just amazing.

We also got a show here called The Worlds Toughest Trucker (or something similar) where they pitted several drivers from all around the world against each other on different roads in different countries and one guy got to claim he was a winner at the end. Not sure about other countries but the bit the shot in Aus (carting prefab buildings on flatbeds in red dirt country) was a load of twaddle. Everything was done under controlled circumstances, it was done with very little danger and many of the hair raising scenes where choreographed more that a Billy Elliot musical production. That show truly sucked.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information