Inclusion of conflicted areas

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
volan123
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2015 14:57

So there was a discussion on Romania topic about adding conflicted areas (East Ukraine, Crimea...). Do you think Promods should avoid them or build them anyway?
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

orestescm76
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2015 15:11

build, if you are offended, it's your problem and you shouldn't visit them

Ostpuff
Developer

26 Aug 2015 15:21

Easy for users to say, us devs and mods are the ones that get to hear all the angry people complain.

EDIT:
I think most of us would like to include these areas if there were no political controversies, as we want to complete all of Europe.
But when people disagrees, discussions can turn quite heated quickly, especially with controversial political topics.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

orestescm76
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2015 15:26

Ostpuff wrote:Easy for users to say, us devs and mods are the ones that get to hear all the angry people complain.
the final decision is devs choose ofc but if users are offended, it's their problem, not yours.
if you want to make chernobyl, make it

ZelvaCZ

26 Aug 2015 15:28

Myself, I am rather against inclusion of those areas.

orestescm76
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2015 15:30

ZelvaCZ wrote:Myself, I am rather against inclusion of those areas.
tell us why

martinusK

26 Aug 2015 15:46

I personally aswell am against inclusion of these areas, since they may cause heated discussions. Even if it is just a trucking game, war is war and should be avoided at any costs. This is also why i am against adding Syria, Kurdistan, Israel/Palestine, Crimea and so on....
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

orestescm76
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2015 15:51

Martinus Kundla wrote:I personally aswell am against inclusion of these areas, since they may cause heated discussions. Even if it is just a trucking game, war is war and should be avoided at any costs. This is also why i am against adding Syria, Kurdistan, Israel/Palestine, Crimea and so on....
i agree that war must be avoided, but still, what is the point of discussing those points in the map. if you don't agree: first don't play the mod and second don't visit that area. simple as that

ZelvaCZ

26 Aug 2015 15:56

orestescm76 wrote:if you don't agree: first don't play the mod
Isn't it a bit contraproductive if we build new areas because of which we will lose a part of our users?

martinusK

26 Aug 2015 15:57

The problem is not visiting the area, the problem is who owns the area. If the mappers were to place an Ukrainian flag in for instance, Crimea, some may be "offended", ProMods would have to ignore it or pick a side, the forum could have controversial topics all over it causing headaches for moderators and so on. Eventually everyone could get offended by something.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information