Winter (and Christmas) is coming!

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
cristakey
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2015 21:54

Well, here in Italy school starts within 10 days and autumn has already come, with some beautiful winter landscapes over 2500m. So, I'm browsing on my Youtube channel and I watched a two years old video from a beautiful journey among a fully winter immersion. So, don't worry, winter, Christmas as well, is coming in only four months! :D

https://youtu.be/-fN1Tt2usS8
(The quality is not soo god because of my previous dashcam)

PS: Hope it's not spam, it's like a taste of winter :)

adgjl
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2015 22:05

Beautiful. I love snow and I hope we get a good fall this winter. The last two winters we had no more than a dusting :(

And btw school started here yesterday :P
Bugs are love, bugs are life

cristakey
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2015 22:07

adgjl wrote:Beautiful. I love snow and I hope we get a good fall this winter. The last two winters we had no more than a dusting :(

And btw school started here yesterday :P
The same for my area (almost known unlucky as hole of winter in the NE of Italy :D

Photon_

05 Sep 2015 23:54

Here we have crappy winters it rarely snows unless you live in Scotland and it only reaches around 5°C during the day which is not cold enough i found this this hot while everyone else thinks this is freezing and Canadians laugh at them if it does snow you only get a inch of it and everything shuts down

ScuL
Founder

06 Sep 2015 01:29

It doesn't snow here unless you're up in the mountains. Most winter days the temperature is 15C but sometimes 20C or higher.

We're now heading towards spring and summer.. my first summer Christmas
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

adrian007
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2015 02:45

This is my 30th Christmas here in Oz and believe me when I say I miss the Europe winter like I need a hole in the head :lol:
@Scul has it freaked you out yet seeing people wandering around in budgie smugglers :lol: (not too sure if that's applicable in Kiwiland) when my late parents came to visit the wife and I in November they couldn't get over seeing Xmas trees in a bucket of sand . :lol: and 30C and my dad and I sculling some cold stubbies on the balcony .

ScuL
Founder

06 Sep 2015 07:21

Too much Aussie lingo in that post for me mate. I also think Christmas and snow are two inseparable things. Saying that, I've only witnessed 2 white Christmases in my 33 years in Europe.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

ZelvaCZ

06 Sep 2015 07:42

I hope for some snow this year too, we are getting some every year, but last three or four years it lasted just for a few days, then melted, and then again... however, I am lucky I live almost 600 meters above sea level, which is quite high compared to the rest of Czech towns. We usually have more snow than for example in Prague (200 m a.s.l.), but as I said, it was not that much last years...

I love winter and lots of snow! :mrgreen:

Sir_Tramalot

06 Sep 2015 12:05

Well, in Kent, I can remember only 2 times in my lifetime where the schools that I go to closed. One in primary school (4-10 years for those who don't know), and once in Secondary school (10-18). The second one was because the stars alligned and closed both of the Sheerness (the island next to Kemsley) crossings, meaning that only a small number of buses could get out, and not enough pupils or teachers could get to the school to warrant the opening.
So I love snow, but it is only useful in Kent if it is in just the right place.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2015 12:40

I can remember my school having been closed for one day only I think ;).
adgjl wrote:And btw school started here yesterday :P
Same here mate, why we have to start on a Friday I will never know :lol:.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information