An Idea for conecting your trailer using Service Lines.

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2015 20:09

Hi Guys, :D

We're all quite familiar with the procedure of connecting to or detaching from our trailers in ETS2 right :?:

You back on to your trailer, press the relevant key or button assigned to that function, the a loud 'clunk', and instantly your hooked up and ready to roll :!:

In reality of course, there's quite a lot more to it than just pressing a keypad! (Yes, before anyone says anything; I do know that 'auto-couplers' are out there on some trucks, even if there, are it's not common practice, Yet!)

I believe that I'd be correct in assuming that most of us 'ETS2 truckers', want their truck simulator experience to be immersive and as close to the 'real thing' as it is possible to be; with that in mind then, here is my idea:-

You select your job, back onto your trailer as before; but instead of when attaching to your trailer you just hear that dull 'clunk'; you are taken to a screen showing the 'catwalk' area at the back of your cab, (see image)

Then, using your 'mouse', click on the individual service lines ('suzies') in order to link them to your trailer. (This doesn't mean that each line has to be 'actually functional', for the pedantic ones out there :roll: ), rather that it 'simulates' the procedure carried out by drivers, before they move off! The reverse of this procedure, at the completion of your delivery.

Now I know there are those who will say about; the time it would take developers to create such a program etc. But! I say to you, just look at the incredibly complicated and highly detailed simulations already in ETS2! This idea, wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility :!:

Keep those wheels turning, Truck On! :D

MOOSE6733
Last edited by tkk7406 on 26 Sep 2015 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed image tag
If It Isn't Broken, Don't Try To Fix It! :D

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

26 Sep 2015 22:29

The problem is that you have to change the game code itself to achieve this. This is way beyond what modders can do.

Sorry, pal, but you have to knock on SCS's door with this, not ours, because there's nothing we can do regarding this.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

27 Sep 2015 16:02

Thanks MandelSoft; I already have posted this on the SCS Forum, I just wanted to share the idea with the Promods community as well! :)

MOOSE6733

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

27 Sep 2015 20:33

You and about sixty-dozen others who've posted the same suggestion over the past three years...
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

28 Sep 2015 18:35

:lol: Just goes to show then Bill, we can't all be wrong, eh? :lol:

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information