Planes

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Boeing73FLY

16 Jan 2016 05:30

For me, Aviation is my number one hobby. I always went to McCarran International Airport (KLAS) in Las Vegas, NV to take pictures of planes during my last two years of high school. Now, I am in Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in the town of Prescott, AZ studying Aerospace Engineering, and every day there are general aviation planes flying over the campus (never gets old for me).

I fly in FSX whenever I do not feel like driving. I am part of the VATSIM community, and I always fly around the Boston airspace (Boston Virtual ATC joined VATSIM to become officially Boston Virtual ARTCC). In regards to aircraft, I fly A2A Simulation payware, which is by far the most realistic and as close-to-life as you will ever fly. I used to fly their C172 Trainer all the time until I upgraded to the most recent development, the Piper PA24 Comanche. I immediately fell in love with that plane, and it officially became my dream plane I wish to own one day.

A2A Simulations: http://a2asimulations.com/
Boston Virtual ARTCC: http://www.bvartcc.com/
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

Randleman

16 Jan 2016 20:27

I have never flown in my life.
Will have to soon since my girlfriend lives in Finland.
However, I am terrified of the idea. I am sure lots of people have great experiences with it.. But the idea of stepping into a plane and it taking off gives me serious chills.

Dannu
Donation rank:

16 Jan 2016 22:05

Welcome to my homecountry :)
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

ScuL
Founder

17 Jan 2016 06:04

Randleman wrote:I have never flown in my life.
However, I am terrified of the idea. I am sure lots of people have great experiences with it.. But the idea of stepping into a plane and it taking off gives me serious chills.
The take-off is the best part of the flight, it's nice to go up to 300km/h in such a huge vehicle :)

But in all honesty, about 30 million flights take-off every year. Together they hold about 2 billion passengers.
The amount of people that die in plane crashes hovers around 500~750 casualties per year.
That's about 0.00000025% chance of a fatality when you board a flight.. Flying is the safest form of transportation by far..

Comparatively 2 million people die of mosquito bites every year.

I'm boarding my 455th flight in a few weeks :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Vallix
Donation rank:

17 Jan 2016 09:38

ScuL wrote:
You really count your flights? :D
Feel free to add :)

ScuL
Founder

17 Jan 2016 09:47

Vallix wrote:
You really count your flights? :D
http://www.flightmemory.com/
http://www.flugstatistik.de/
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

adgjl
Donation rank:

17 Jan 2016 11:16

Due to having family in Germany and holidays to Sweden, skiing holidays and a few other places I have flown quite a bit. Not in the hundreds but enough that flying is nothing special for me. After flying to New York and back at Christmas I have now been on 3 long-haul flights.
Bugs are love, bugs are life

Rocar 512E

17 Jan 2016 13:18

Even if i would like to do a 9/11 joke, i won't do that, cause pepole tell you that you are worse than Hitler.
But my favourite planes are the ones who have special livery (i.e. Retrojets, Promotional Liverys, etc)

Randleman

17 Jan 2016 14:30

ScuL wrote:
Randleman wrote:I have never flown in my life.
The take-off is the best part of the flight, it's nice to go up to 300km/h in such a huge vehicle :)

But in all honesty, about 30 million flights take-off every year. Together they hold about 2 billion passengers.
The amount of people that die in plane crashes hovers around 500~750 casualties per year.
That's about 0.00000025% chance of a fatality when you board a flight.. Flying is the safest form of transportation by far..

Comparatively 2 million people die of mosquito bites every year.

Yea, I know flying is the safest form of transportation by a clear mile.
It's not just fear of crashing, although obviously because the news won't report about succesful flights and only the one gone bad, people who have never flown already get a little bit scared.
I'm just scared of the whole package that comes to it. The extreme speed, the height.. I am terrified of heights.
I mean, when I go to Finland to visit my girlfriend, it'll probably be a 2,5 hr flight at most. But I will just hope she won't smell my sweat the moment we see eachother at the airport lol.

Vallix
Donation rank:

17 Jan 2016 16:33

I'm also scared of hight. But flying is totally different to me, so more chill then to be afraid :)
Feel free to add :)

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information