Cruise Control

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Randleman

04 Dec 2015 01:27

Hello fellow truckers,

So.. I have a problem with the Cruise Control. I have had this for a while now and it is driving me insane.
I didn't always have this.. But suddenly there was a patch and boom, this problem occured.

So the thing is, when I activate my Cruise Control, let's say for example at 60 km/h, I accelerate to 60 km/h, then press the Cruise Control button and let go of the throttle.
I do know that accelerating or braking removes Cruise Control, and trust me, that is not the thing that makes it stop working.
But every time I hit the Cruise Control button, it stays on the set speed for like 2-3 seconds and then automatically stops working, or resets itself to 0 km/h.
Then I have to either hit the button again a few more times or use the button to let Cruise Control use the previously set speed again (2 different buttons), but this also cancels immediately after like 2-3 seconds.

So basically, I have to enable Cruise Control at least 4-5 times for it to work and not stop working.

Does anyone know this problem and know how to solve it? It is becoming REALLY annoying.

Thanks in advance

natvander
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2015 01:50

Do you have the exhaust or retarder brake toggled? That will cancel the cruise control.

Boosted Doge
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2015 11:16

try rolling back to 1.20 then go back to the 1.21 if the problema persists try to change the CC key
Image Image

Arexander
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2015 11:18

natvander wrote:Do you have the exhaust or retarder brake toggled? That will cancel the cruise control.
Exhaust brake or a retarder toggled on wouldn't even let the cruise control come online at all so it's not that. Unfortunately, I have no idea what could cause that, haven't encountered it myself.

Der Freiburger
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2015 11:45

Did you drive with Pedals?

It sounds like the Pedal gives a little bit gas, mot much so you don´t notice but a little bit, automaticly.
Maybe it is a bit dirty. I had the same Problem with my G27 Pedals.

If the pedal gives gas, the Cruise control will be stop working after a few seconds.

greetings Henning
Look at HK Transporte on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/HKTransp/

Boosted Doge
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2015 12:33

Der Freiburger wrote:Did you drive with Pedals?

It sounds like the Pedal gives a little bit gas, mot much so you don´t notice but a little bit, automaticly.
Maybe it is a bit dirty. I had the same Problem with my G27 Pedals.

If the pedal gives gas, the Cruise control will be stop working after a few seconds.

greetings Henning
if it was faulty pedals would the exle bar on the configuration menus would be going up and down i'm guessing
Image Image

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2015 18:32

I am on 1.21 and has no problems with the cruise control. Accelerating/decelerating and yeah even when taking a screenshot using the photo mode and then goes back also disconnects the cruise control.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

Max_

04 Dec 2015 22:10

check deadzones of pedals - if you have zero, even smallest move of pedal could do this.

generally, CC is disabled by throttle, brake, clutch, active retarder, pressed engine brake, state of transmission (eg neutral), bellow minimum speed (30kmh) or some strange state in powertrain.

Snowleopard
Donation rank:

10 Jan 2016 14:55

Max_ wrote:check deadzones of pedals - if you have zero, even smallest move of pedal could do this.

generally, CC is disabled by throttle, brake, clutch, active retarder, pressed engine brake, state of transmission (eg neutral), bellow minimum speed (30kmh) or some strange state in powertrain.
I would check your deadzones as Max said here, I know when I changed to 1.22 my deadzones changed and I had to adjust the brake, it was coming on ever so slightly thus causing my CC to not work properly. Watching my truck externally I could see the brake lights coming on so knew I needed to adjust the pedals.

Good luck!
Snowy
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... hp?id=1044
General Manager JWT VTC 2011+ (UKTS/GTS/ETS2/ATS)
PMs since V1.0 2013 8-)
@12 10 23
Map cover: 93% PM 2.50/RusMap/Gr8Steppe/MidEast
Driven miles: A LOT!, USING 10 Y/O ORIGINAL ETS2 PROFILE!!

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information