I was wondering

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2015 01:49

Technically English is the second language I learned... But it is the only language I need to speak, so it is more like a first language by now.
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

kReX

28 Dec 2015 09:36

I've been somehow "connected" with English since I was 4 years old. At that time, I got my first computer and I somehow managed to change language to English (I still use English on my computer :mrgreen:).

I started learning English in school when I was 8 years old. Here in Slovenia you have to know at least one foreign language to finish high school succesfully. That can also be German, Italian etc. but the majority choose English.

Despite the fact that many of you do, I don't think in English. :D
SLOVENIJA

throwaway9000

28 Dec 2015 13:58

And how should I do to understand what people are saying? Now I'll almost all the text I translate, but I started to learn words, and I almost at once I had the question: what is the differents wetween the words "teach" and "learn". The sense (also use the word "meaning" or other, why?) is the twince. And another, you have a link to the most useful words in English languahe?

tgd153

28 Dec 2015 15:00

Even having english as a native language, at times it is very complex. I learnt german for 6 years and found it very structured and nice whereas english seems to have very few patterns and rules have many words that do not fit. Also english does not have a case system unlike many european languages so that was fun to lean(not) and is why you have really strange plurals mouse to mice and die to dice, that have been leftover from the case system

blademight

28 Dec 2015 16:44

throwaway9000 wrote:And how should I do to understand what people are saying? Now I'll almost all the text I translate, but I started to learn words, and I almost at once I had the question: what is the differents wetween the words "teach" and "learn". The sense (also use the word "meaning" or other, why?) is the twince. And another, you have a link to the most useful words in English languahe?
Well, as I wrote, first you need to learn the words to a little bid to be guaided in said. Then you can started wathing films and TV movies on English with subtitles. But better, if you start to talk on Skype with friends on English.
:D :) :lol: :lol: :) :D

Polestar
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2015 16:58

I could speak better English than almost everyone in my family when I was around 7. I used to watch series and movies all in English with subtitles. I almost speak better English than Dutch...
Current truck: 2021 Mercedes Actros MP5
Current trailer: 2021 Schmitz S.KO
License plate:
Image Image

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2016 09:23

I know your feeling - I also quite often speak in English better then in Latvian (my native) The funny thing is - I'm in Latvia, but most of my friends are foreigners so I mostly speak in English rather then in Latvian :D
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

Dannu
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2016 09:52

I have myself learned english from 3rd class(9 years old) so i have learned english for soon 6 years.
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information