ProMods 2.00 - Reception and reactions thread!

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
norguy

28 Dec 2015 16:52

Will there be more developers working on the Iberian Penisula project now that 2.0 is released? So that the progress speeds up?

ETS2-User
Developer

28 Dec 2015 17:04

3 should be enough. It gets messy otherwise... ;)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Stuferus

28 Dec 2015 19:53

i hope info will be posted if a bugfix version is out.. its not really driveable with all the invisible walls :D

waiting to drive on the map with bugs fixed :)

Peterson

28 Dec 2015 20:27

Reception and reaction...

Well lads, even though I had to download the def file 9 time to make it work, you did a pretty good job. But, I miss some things, like going thourgh Michalovce (that should be done like Dax is). I appreciate Zemplínska Šírava, nice addition. I hope that you'll improve Košice much more, like by adding Vyšné Opátske ring (that's how they call it, even though it doesn't go around), and by deleting that piece of highway to Užhorod. Plus the font is wrong on the minimap, road signs are Czech (we don't have those road signs in Slovakia), but yeah, maybe it's just the fact that I'm some kind of a patriot or something.

Ukraine is fine. At least that little bit.

Denmark is nice, but there's a script problem with speeds, they don't reset to 130 after the intersection. At least it's kept on 110, not like on Berlin ring, doing 40 on highway is inacceptable. How come that nobody from the team didn't notice?

My truck fell over in Norway, so I'll add something later.

Poland rebuilding... same old, same old, at least their road signs work correctly, even those digital ones.

Esthetics it not enough, it also has to work like it should. Don't do the same fault as Alfa Romeo did, just don't.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2015 21:25

Keep in mind that we are not a multi million car concern trying to make profits where ever they can.

We are just a bunch of kids and adults with some passion and set of skills. We just want to give others a smile at the end of the day, not a product they have to live with for the coming years.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Horizon™
Developer

28 Dec 2015 21:31

Reception and reaction...
Well lads, even though I had to download the def file 9 time to make it work, you did a pretty good job. But, I miss some things, like going thourgh Michalovce (that should be done like Dax is). I appreciate Zemplínska Šírava, nice addition. I hope that you'll improve Košice much more, like by adding Vyšné Opátske ring (that's how they call it, even though it doesn't go around), and by deleting that piece of highway to Užhorod. Plus the font is wrong on the minimap, road signs are Czech (we don't have those road signs in Slovakia), but yeah, maybe it's just the fact that I'm some kind of a patriot or something.
The rebuilt is planned for all the European countries, so Slovakia will be rebuilt at some point - we don't have a lot of man-power to create lots of stuff at once; We still haven't made proper Slovakian signs, so it isn't our problem; No, you are just a native/local person, who wants to have the best stuff for his country!
Ukraine is fine. At least that little bit.
Don't judge the Ukraine from just 'by looking to the book'
Denmark is nice, but there's a script problem with speeds, they don't reset to 130 after the intersection. At least it's kept on 110, not like on Berlin ring, doing 40 on highway is inacceptable. How come that nobody from the team didn't notice?
Well, we are human beings and we do some mistakes, even if those are so noticeable.
My truck fell over in Norway, so I'll add something later.
Poland rebuilding... same old, same old, at least their road signs work correctly, even those digital ones.
We didn't touch the Norway, so it isn't our fault...; Yes, Poland Rebuilding is the same map ,but it will get really great improvement in the upcoming version.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2015 21:36

Peterson wrote:Denmark is nice, but there's a script problem with speeds, they don't reset to 130 after the intersection.
t has to be signed specific that speed limit has ended in Denmark (there's no 130 km/h sign) I don't know how hard it is to fix
Like below

Stretches with 130 km/h

But does it matter? You're not allowed to go higher than 80 km/h anyway
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Julmath
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2015 23:07

Hey guys,

Awesome map, as usual. It's really cool to drive on it, after all this waiting! I am just waiting for the RusMap update and it will be beautiful.

I'm here just to speak a bit about cities locations on the world map. I've seen the location of the two new Ukrainian cities and of Andorra. They aren't good located: Uzhhorod is in Poland's side, and Andorra la Vella seems to be on the Extreme-North of Spain. But I know that it could be hard to adjust cities location because of the scale of ProMods map, like what we can see in Vaduz, which is located in Austria due to a lack of space in Liechtenstein.
But if you can correct Andorra and Mukacheve/Uzhhorod's locations it would be beneficial for us and for you (the devs) because of the future development/increase of the map.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

29 Dec 2015 00:00

We can change the UI map not city location
Misalignment comes from a wrong/skewed world map SCS uses for laying down roads, cities etc
We have a lot of crazy and difficult issues with this map the further north we go
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Shiva

29 Dec 2015 00:25

plykkegaard: How much does the 'curvature' of earth vs scs's flat map cause problems?

Seen some invisible walls, but thumbs up for 2.00 :)

Norway, Oslo tunnel, without mods. I have had my truck flip to the side there earlier this year :)
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information