Development on version 2.x (Romania Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Mathe Robert
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2016 13:04

Dear Mirfi! Your job is very good! The question is can we expect something new roads and new towns may be in the next version? Lest the whole ProMods fantastic job, ProMods and RusMap Together is excellent! Thanks

MIRFI
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2016 23:25

Thanks for the feedback, mates! Glad you enjoy it!

@Zniwek Well, first of all.. Nothing was "copy-pasted" on the map. ;)

@Punkii Well, those zones you are telling me about are not so interesting in real-life eighter. :lol: There's nothing great about plains.

@Mathe Robert Hope to get mapping again after I pass my exams. ;)

Those few lower quality towns hide a much deeper issue though. I've built this map on a laptop which has one Nvidia 720M in it. :lol: Cities consume lots of resources when rendered in the editor. My GPU was really struggling to keep up the pace.

I'm in an exam session now and I may not be available on the forums every day. But I appreciate your feedback and I'm glad you find this part of the map enjoyable. ;)

Starfruit 017

04 Jan 2016 23:31

I just wish Andu and MIRFI could work together...
Join my forum : My Forum!

View my Projects: My Map Work

Vøytek
Developer

05 Jan 2016 00:02

Every "bitmap" tree wall is a circle that looks exactly the same. Also, the rocks near the river on Romania - Bulgaria border are all exactly the same so it just looks like this for me :)

As I said - comparing to some other cities, these in Romania look empty and lower quality but driving from city to city is a good experience ;) If it was because of your hardware - no problem. If not - maybe some more touch is needed out there to make Romanian cities more awesome and unique? Just saying what I think personally.

Oh, what I forgot to add - I know that these cities should be "eastern" type but still, there's for sure something that can be improved! Can't wait for more.
Last edited by Vøytek on 05 Jan 2016 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Shiva

05 Jan 2016 01:17

MIRFI, Good luck with your exams :)
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

mgsakatataee
Donation rank:

05 Jan 2016 07:49

ENVER HOXHA wrote:I just wish Andu and MIRFI could work together...
That's imposible! The relation between MIRFI and Andu is really bad! Also Andu will not join Pro Mods.
MIRFI wrote: Those few lower quality towns hide a much deeper issue though. I've built this map on a laptop which has one Nvidia 720M in it. :lol: Cities consume lots of resources when rendered in the editor. My GPU was really struggling to keep up the pace.
I know the feeling...
Good luck with exams!
Playing PM since 2015. Why? Because I like this mod. A bit laggy, but very well made.
Favorite truck brand: DAF.

Mathe Robert
Donation rank:

05 Jan 2016 15:40

Thanks for the answers and good luck with your exams!!

adgjl
Donation rank:

05 Jan 2016 16:16

MIRFI wrote:Those few lower quality towns hide a much deeper issue though. I've built this map on a laptop which has one Nvidia 720M in it. :lol: Cities consume lots of resources when rendered in the editor. My GPU was really struggling to keep up the pace.
I hope that you will have a chance to rebuild those cities with better hardware in the future because in my opinion they somewhat let down the otherwise masterful vegetation and landscaping. As Zniwek has said the scenery around Chisinau is... well... meh, and the repetitive use of the same pavement model and elliptic walls around buildings makes some of the cities feel monotonous (at least to someone who doesn't know the cities IRL so can't recognise special building placement etc.).
Don't get me wrong though, I understand that this is an issue imposed by hardware limitations and honestly the way you have used grass and shrubs near roads is amazing; it gives Romania, Moldova and Bulgaria a unique feeling making them enjoyable to drive through.
Anyway for the time being, good luck with your exams!
Bugs are love, bugs are life

lelux

06 Jan 2016 23:14

Just "return" from my first trip in Romania. I found cities like Bacau and Piatra Neamt interesting and "articulated" but i think also that important cities like Bucarest and Constanta needs an improvement (expecially Constanta looks "poor")! However thanks for your work, really appreciate it! ;)

MIRFI
Donation rank:

07 Jan 2016 09:47

Nah, Bucharest is fine. Constanta needs rebuilding though. ;) Thank you very much, mates!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information