Development on version 2.x (Barents Sea Extension)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

17 Jan 2016 19:50

Wonder the same question. I make a standalone map so this makes no sense. No logic, but if Ajungrei have any questions when he is making my homecity, i am glad to help with that.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

Superdavecan

17 Jan 2016 20:27

Only just saw that this became an official project rather than just a show your work thread... well, congratulations on being accepted into the ProMods team! :D You've definitely got the skills. This looks truly amazing! :)

ajungrei93
Developer

17 Jan 2016 21:19

As already mentioned it makes no sense to make a connection to the map of Chris94_Nor due to the different scale and because it's a standalone project...

@ Chris94_NOR Yeah that would be great although it will take quite some time until I reach this area because I'm trying to finish the road to Murmansk now. ;)

@ Superdavecan Thanks :)

Due to a lack of internet access I'll be online at Friday afternoon again. So have a nice week!

skarfar90
Donation rank:

17 Jan 2016 22:38

You should add E10 as well..
The E10 is the northernmost border-crossing with Sweden, and the road from there to Kiruna and down to Haparanda, to complete the circle in some way.
From Haparanda and into Finland are the roads done as of the latest patch.
So all we need now is the road into the northern part of Sweden

Shiva

19 Jan 2016 19:18

This!will be an interesting crossing, if you can fit it in.

Oh, wait, they have redone it, when looking at this.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Rocar 512E

19 Jan 2016 21:48

Basically what i mean is that Chris_94NOR should use his talents at mapmaking, and to collaborate with ajungrei93

Ostpuff
Developer

19 Jan 2016 23:02

skarfar90 wrote:You should add E10 as well..
The E10 is the northernmost border-crossing with Sweden, and the road from there to Kiruna and down to Haparanda, to complete the circle in some way.
From Haparanda and into Finland are the roads done as of the latest patch.
So all we need now is the road into the northern part of Sweden
The E10 is planned although isn't necessary at the moment since development right now is quite far away from that area. It will come at a later stage ;)
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

20 Jan 2016 01:53

Michael Rosen wrote:Basically what i mean is that Chris_94NOR should use his talents at mapmaking, and to collaborate with ajungrei93
He tried once but had some issues with the process so it had to be cancelled
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

lurven
Donation rank:

21 Jan 2016 18:10

ajungrei93 wrote: ...
Narvik would definitly fit at least as a scenery city ;)
I would say that since Narvik is a really important logistics hub in northern Norway, it should be represented with at least 1-2 industries.

As you know, the "main artery" of Norway, the E6 road goes through here, and it is therefore an important stop for trucks heading north, south, east or west.
E10 also goes through the municipality, and provides transport east towards Sweden, Finland and onwards, and west towards Lofoten and Vesterålen.

Alot of freight in general comes through the freight/rail terminal in the souhern end of city due to it being the northernmost railway connection in Norway, that is connected to the continental rail network, even though this is through the ofoten/iron-ore line from Sweden. It is essential as nearly all the goods and traffic to northern-Norway north of Narvik , with the possible exeption of Finmark, goes through Narvik.
For example, a really big part of the fish from Lofoten and Vesterålen comes to Narvik by truck, to be sent by train southwards, in addition to those who don't transfer the freight to/from train, and drive over E10 Bjørnfjell towards Kiruna.

So, my opinion is:
If you descide to leave Narvik out, you are skipping a really important city in northern Norway.

Dannu
Donation rank:

21 Jan 2016 18:57

Malmbanan (ore track) goes from Luleå into Narvik, so i agree with you.
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information