American Truck Simulator - Expectations

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Photon_

24 Jan 2016 15:46

With the 1:32 scale I expect that drives will not feel very long even when California and Nevada combined

Polestar
Donation rank:

24 Jan 2016 19:10

A big plus is that as far as I can see there has been more effort put in to the AI. A lot more variety. I even spotted a Tesla Model S :)
Current truck: 2021 Mercedes Actros MP5
Current trailer: 2021 Schmitz S.KO
License plate:
Image Image

Photon_

25 Jan 2016 18:45

I feel like I might wait until W900 is included in ATS

Polestar
Donation rank:

25 Jan 2016 19:16

Photonic wrote:I feel like I might wait until W900 is included in ATS
That one?

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/01/truck-l ... pdate.html
Current truck: 2021 Mercedes Actros MP5
Current trailer: 2021 Schmitz S.KO
License plate:
Image Image

Henter

26 Jan 2016 16:22

DeusHorizon wrote:
modsland wrote:- Like many others, I want a big map (even if they present only California)
Well, California and Nevada will come as a part of the game - Arizona will came as free DLC in the later stages.
modsland wrote:- Besides the fabulous american trucks (like PB and KW) I want and european trucks (like Scania, Mercedes, Volvo, DAF)
I don't see a point to have a European trucks in the N.America - The only truck brand I know, which concentrate on the America/Australia is Volvo - No one else do that! (The Only way those trucks would appears, is by mods, which will come eventually)

My expectations is:
- To get from West coast to the East coast without buying any DLCs
- Having a lot of trucks to drive, better customization of them.
- Buying our own trailers, like in the 18 Wheels Of Steel
- Meeting our own workers (Seeing how they a passing by, saying something on the CB radio, maybe doing a convoy with them.
Im sure we wont be able to go from West to East without DLCs. Reason being is because SCS is a small company and they need money to expand the company. They only have 50 workers working on ETS 2, ATS, and Euro Coach.

My expectations -

- Accurate designs of roads. So far I have seen some very in-accurate designs of certain interstates. I-10 randomly ends with a traffic light outside of L.A. And I-80 is kinda split off from it's terminus at the Bay Bridge. I have also seen some intersections in the middle of interstates, mostly on I-10. Primm is also in California and not Nevada.

- Accurate trucks

- Steam Cloud. I honestly think SCS should use Steam Cloud with their games. Especially when certain users get a brand new PC. Otherwise, I dont mind packing my saves into a portable SD card.

- Steam Workshop

- Big cities, which include a suburban/metropolitan area.

- Be able to get to Utah or New Mexico before 2017.

- Talk radio stations. It's refreshing to drive down the highway listening to talk shows about the latest news and topics of the day.

- CB Radio, I own 18 Wheels of steel Haulin and ALH from 2006 and 2007. Both games include a CB radio. The CB radio was fun actually, it took the boredom out of driving through a desert. In ETS 2 it felt like I was being a pizza delivery man or a UPS truck driver instead of a semi truck driver.
FYI - On SCS Forum, I am known as "Ways71"

ETS2-User
Developer

26 Jan 2016 16:50

No, Primm IS in Nevada. Only one parking is over the border to California. Check Google.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Memphis84

26 Jan 2016 21:14

IMO

Better mapping far better than ETS2 vanilla map
Stupid interchanges still present
Lack of sceneries , L.A. looks pretty rubbish
A Lot of missing roads , big holes in the map

Memphis84

26 Jan 2016 21:23

Henter wrote:
DeusHorizon wrote:
modsland wrote:- Like many others, I want a big map (even if they present only California)
Well, California and Nevada will come as a part of the game - Arizona will came as free DLC in the later stages.

My expectations -

- Accurate designs of roads. So far I have seen some very in-accurate designs of certain interstates. I-10 randomly ends with a traffic light outside of L.A. And I-80 is kinda split off from it's terminus at the Bay Bridge. I have also seen some intersections in the middle of interstates, mostly on I-10. Primm is also in California and not Nevada.
IMO mate - SCS will need money and my wish is to see for free Oregon and Washington - full west coast for free then DLCs will come with pay to reach NEW YORK :D or MIAMI - believe me! :)

L.A. plan is pretty rubbish so modders will need to make another plan for this beautiful city :D
Last edited by ETS2-User on 26 Jan 2016 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote

ZelvaCZ

26 Jan 2016 21:45

Of course SCS want to earn money. You would want too. It takes an incredible amount of time to create such a game, even though it's based on the older ETS2 engine.
I don't mind paying 20€ for it at all, I'm even considering to buy the 50€ Collector's Edition.

Memphis84

26 Jan 2016 21:50

ZelvaCZ wrote:I don't mind paying 20€ for it at all, I'm even considering to buy the 50€ Collector's Edition.

MEEE TOOOO :)
Last edited by ETS2-User on 26 Jan 2016 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information