France DLC confirmed?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
BarrGDA
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2016 17:48

Peterson wrote:Master? Not really, he's good, but his France never ceases to make me angry, tight intersections and AI behaviour, plus endless toll gates (some don't even have their prices, they are "gratuit"). I know that it may be like that in France, but come on, it's fluid like my dutch.

He knows how to make landscapes, but it's the road I see the most, and I don't really like it.
Lol, go on. Try to do a better France. It's the best available version of France out there, and quite frankly, I can't see SCS topping that.

Pathetic opinions like yours amuse me.

ZelvaCZ

27 Jan 2016 17:58

AI behaviour? We're not the ones who are responsible for it.
Tight intersections? Are you sure? The roads and intersections are wider in ETS2 than IRL, we (or in the case, Kutchek exactly) are just trying to get closer to it.
Endless tollgates? That's what France is like.

martinusK

27 Jan 2016 19:17

Personally i'm not really looking forward to the DLC.

DLC Scandinavia may have been a big step forward in terms of road markings and some assets...But the mapping, not so much. The only parts that impressed me were Oslo and Stockholm (and some landscapes in Norway), the rest was stock-interchange-fest all over again.
Also, the amount of extra work that DLC Scandinavia created for the team was simply staggering. Yes, Scandinavia did need a rebuild (version 1.00 ftw), but the release of DLC Going North made the rebuild imminent (IMHO it could've been done at any time, i loved old Scandinavia).

I would hate to see that (and especially the latter) happen with the release of the French DLC. Kutchek's worked his ass off currently and to see it all destroyed by DLC's (which, btw seem to be strangely orientated at ProMods areas)...Well that'd just be sad.

If SCS really steps up their game and gets rid of those GODDAMNED STOCK INTERCHANGES and continues to make new things, sure, i'lll be happy to see that. But as of now i'm adding SCS to the list of 'gotta-make-that-money game developers, alongside Ubisoft and EA.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Rocar 512E

27 Jan 2016 20:03

Exactly my opinion Martinus

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

27 Jan 2016 20:35

Peterson wrote:plus endless toll gates (some don't even have their prices, they are "gratuit").
Welcome to France, where you have many tolled motorways with even more dreadful tollgates. Any tourist who went to France can tell you that.

For quite a lot them, you have a toll gate where you take your ticket and pay at the tollgate when you leave that stretch of road and pay by kilometer. This prevents that you have to set up a toll gate after every exit, each one only accounting a small amount of money. That would be waste of money, time and convenience. Now you only have to pay when you enter a tolled section and leave one, depending on how much you've driven on that section.

Please do your research next time...
Martinus Kundla wrote: Also, the amount of extra work that DLC Scandinavia created for the team was simply staggering. Yes, Scandinavia did need a rebuild (version 1.00 ftw), but the release of DLC Going North made the rebuild imminent (IMHO it could've been done at any time, i loved old Scandinavia).
Extra work? I don't see much extra work:
  • We wanted to rebuild areas anyway. That would cost the same amount of work as it would have without the DLC.
    Yes, we had to rebuild Aarhus and Karlstad from scratch again, but hey, we wanted to do that anyway, so what's the big deal! Most of the cities that have been re-implemented in Sweden and Denmark (Linköping, Herning, Holstebro) are now in a much better condition than they were before.
  • Parts of Sweden, especially south of Jönköping were just not created yet. The DLC filled in the gaps there, so that saved us work on Växjö and Karlskrona. Örebro and Västerås are also really nice gap-fillers.
  • The number of copy-pasted cities was reduced from 7 to just 1 by implementing the DLC. The only copy-pasted city that was still left? Turku. Well that got rebuilt too, so we got rid of our final copy-paste city.
  • Some cities are much better executed in the DLC. Not only the previous copy-paste cities, but also our old original cities: Odense, Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger. They all just look a ton better.
  • ASSETS! Don't underestimate the saved time we had by SCS delivering us all these fine assets (hundreds of models), which we use all over the place. This is the greatest time-saver of all, because otherwise we had to (re)-model everything ourselves!
  • And don't forget the new tech that SCS has developed for the Scandinavia DLC we also use ourselves a lot: sign templates, model-based road templates and bezier patches. If the Scandinavia DLC was not there, we wouldn't have this new tech that make e.g. our rebuilt Germany so great
I have my doubts if we are going to fully replace Kutchek's work. His work is in a much, much better state than our Scandinavia was.

As for the money aspect: we have no idea how much this DLC will cost. Maybe it's less than the Scandinavia DLC. Who knows...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Peterson

27 Jan 2016 20:56

Mandel, I'm not dumb, I know how toll systhem works. Thing is, that some toll gates don't have a price, down south. There's no option to take the ticket, you just pay for the passage. I took a ticket, and I didn't even pay for it, but I passed 3-4 toll gates for free. What the actual hell?

But that's France's fault that they can't make a proper toll systhem. Take a look at Croatia (ok, not that good, but they try), or Italy. Last time, I went to France, near Fréjus, and we passed by Italy. There were only 2 toll gates - on frontiers. But for that little bit in France, we passed by 3 toll gates. For the love of god, I even asked a friend of my "famille d'acueill" when I spent a year in Belgium, she was from Grenoble, and she didn't understand why it's like that. Draining money, like speed cameras "for your security" that flash from 131 and above.

Back to topic, those gates are useless then when they're not doing what they're supposed to do - drain money.

Please, try to be less rude, thank you.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2016 21:16

Peterson wrote: Please, try to be less rude, thank you.
Same could be said for yourself, thank you.

ETS2-User
Developer

27 Jan 2016 21:36

I don't see anyone being rude, I just see a very pointless discussion going on. If it's the real toll system you're angry about, then why do you blame ProMods for it? :roll:
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Polestar
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2016 22:02

I kinda agree with Martinus though, although as MandelSoft says the Scandi DLC hasn't been completely pointless. The PM+Scandi merge was exactly good, since Scandi DLC is high quality for SCS standards. Also, the Sundsvall area (I guess that is PM work?) is epic as well. And don't forget the re-addition of the Scania track!

That said, do you guys plan on putting some old Norway areas back in? I actually prefer the old Oslo, plus the airport and the few small towns going to Bergen. That area was top notch ProMods work. Not that I'd like to see SCS's Oslo area completely removed, but still, I prefer the PM version.

As for France: I think it's after Germany the country which ProMods improved the best.
Current truck: 2021 Mercedes Actros MP5
Current trailer: 2021 Schmitz S.KO
License plate:
Image Image

Rocar 512E

27 Jan 2016 22:41

Let's lock up this topic, anyway, because this is getting N O W H E R E!

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information