Curiosity question

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
smith121363
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2016 06:57

Two full pages of it can be done, but it would be very hard to do. And ProMods will NEVER do it. So why are we still talking about something that has been asked over and over again? The answer is always the same : No, ProMods has no interest in merging with TSM. You can try it if you want to and I wish you good luck. That should be the end of the discussion.

pwny1320

30 Jan 2016 07:40

the discussion was already over when i said i wouldnt be attempting it because it seemed to offend the promods team, if we can stop being on a tangent discussion which has nothing to do with my original post that would be nice, i simply want to know what little details were added by this mod.....

ScuL
Founder

30 Jan 2016 09:00

The ProMods pack is a complete rebuild of the base game, most areas are unrecognisable.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2016 09:39

As written it's not a true hybrid
What do you want? Something monstrous like Dolly: A sheep with two heads?

By all means load both maps start with deleting the sectors which overlaps and you have your hybrid but you really have taken only a few steps on a long journey
If you want it you have to make it and you can never share your work

Follow our suggestions and create some original eg create one of the island in the mediterrian sea
They will be needed in a year or sooner
Post your work in the appropiate subforums we will help all we can
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

pwny1320

30 Jan 2016 10:37

i do not know why you guys are still going on about it, i am trying to get off this tangent and back onto topic, if theres some changelogs or something that i can view to see the features, me talking about merging was a HYPOTHETICAL of what COULD be done if we could see what changes are made by this mod all i want is for someone to point me in the right direction for change logs or something............

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2016 11:24

Check the developer threads
Check the mod description
Check the release notes

Changelog? Basically everything is rebuild only the assets, models, terrain textures etc are reused
Also the reason why the two maps can't be merged
Where TSM has build a river bed Promods can have a road
Where TSM has a hill ProMods can have a valley
Nothing wrong just different interpretations of RL in scale 1:19

pwny1320

30 Jan 2016 12:54

plykkegaard please drop that topic as its not an intention of mine, never was, and never will be you guys just jumped on one thing i have said and derailed my topic i appreciate you trying to help but frankly it is not... i have checked Developer threads mod description and release notes and none have the sufficient details that i was looking for thus why i started this thread, just knowing that a city has been added is easy enough by looking and comparing the two maps i was actually more interested in the finer details like in some area's there are "fires" or things running across the road that lie on the border of your map and RusMap, or even this was added/removed from a vanilla city etc. i cannot distinguish the difference between which mod added these details in by looking at the maps and since i have been playing heaps on both maps removing either of them will result in a broken profile at this point since i own garages in both mods.

As for the rest of the people on here PLEASE stop posting about me merging the two mods... I just want some information that would have easily been thrown together in a single thread and updated with each version or a single place i can look to find out what changes were made from the very first version to the current. i see now that was too much to ask for and giving an example of why having one WILL NOT be tollerated in your eyes.....

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2016 13:11

Locked topic to protect it from further non-sense..
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 Jan 2016 13:13

pwny1320 wrote:i do not know why you guys are still going on about it, i am trying to get off this tangent and back onto topic, if theres some changelogs or something that i can view to see the features, me talking about merging was a HYPOTHETICAL of what COULD be done if we could see what changes are made by this mod all i want is for someone to point me in the right direction for change logs or something............
Why need a changelog if you could check it out yourself first? Try to fly around with the camera on both maps in the editor or in-game (with the developer mode enabled) and see how they both look. That will give you a quicker answer than to write down a list. Because such a list would be at least dozens and dozens of pages long; there is just too much that has been changed, from small details to really large-scale rebuilds.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2016 13:14

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information