Trailer & Company Pack Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Boeing73FLY

01 Feb 2016 21:33

I have the same issue as Turbosvans. Also running PM 2.0 + this pack, and also my own Enhanced Driving Experience pack (but that shouldn't be the problem at all since it doesn't affect trailers). Every now and then there would be a trailer colored red with a "texture" in black font.
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

Peterson

01 Feb 2016 21:38

Well, it seems that I'm the only one who can run Jazzy pack, this pack, amd those long tandems ByCapital...

Here's the order: Promods map, Rusmap, Jazzy pack, Promods trailers, ByCapital stuff
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2016 22:49

I have taken the time to read every post since I last visited this thread and I'm quite disappointed how hard it is for some people to see that they are not the only one with an error.

I have a very low-spec PC, in fact it even has integrated graphics. My profile sometimes takes up to two minutes to load, whilst the game launches within a minute. And I use over 50 mods. I have struggled for nearly a year on my part of the pack and to say that 4k skins are too high resolution makes it feel like a total waste. There has to be an element of high quality in this mod. Having said that I will try and compress them where possible.

Regarding the AI errors, yet again it has been clearly stated that the pack may not work with Jazzycat packs, and either he or will provide a fix as soon as possible. Just stay calm and wait.

HenryJensen

01 Feb 2016 23:34

I just want to say thank u to the trailer team for the hard work.

Now I only need one trailerpack for the normal cargo and roadhunters If I want to haul something more dificult.

Thank Thank u :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Drive Safely

02 Feb 2016 02:01

@KubaJam - the trailer skins are awesome but they don't have to have 4k resolution.

For example, a standard SCS box trailer skin is 1024 pixels wide by 512 pixels high.

If you double that you get 2048 pixels wide by 1024 pixels high. That's high quality already and a good quality size for the trailer skins.

But when you have 4k textures (where the skin is over 4000 pixels wide), that means a significantly larger file size and significantly larger load times considering there are 200 of them to load in the pack. The computers of today (even those built for gaming) can't process a batch of 4k images very fast.

I want to be able to click on ETS2 on my Desktop and see the screen pop up instantly and not have to wait for a minute for the screen to pop up as if it's not responding.

I'm sure the team will be able to cut down the file size by 50% with hardly any visible drop in quality.

arniea380
Donation rank:

02 Feb 2016 02:05

Hi all

Just a quick question icurrently use Pro mods for the mapping and Jazzycats trailor and cargo pack so just wondered is jazzycats trailor and cargo pack compatible with Pro mods trailor and company pack or would it be contradictory to install both if so which one am i best off installing please

ldsvm

02 Feb 2016 03:19

At the moment, they aren't compatible with each other.

Redsteel

02 Feb 2016 04:03

Oh well, thanks for the effort but so far I'm just getting empty trailers with no cargo, not empty trailers, just the cabin hauling no cargo at all.

I guess I will wait for a compatibility patch with Jazzycat mods, anyway keep the good work.

cityplayer

02 Feb 2016 13:26

I have just got the AI issue (I was using Jazzy Cat's mod along with this pack).

rennuh

02 Feb 2016 14:31

First of all thank you for the effort put into this mod! But I have to say I uninstalled it after one trip because I had the same issues many people seem to have and I have no other mods installed that could cause them.

Loading the game takes somewhere between 30 seconds and a minute after clicking the desktop icon before anything happens. Then again when choosing my profile or going to the mod manager the game seems to freeze (no mouse movement) and it takes between 30 seconds and a minute before anything happens. Both times I just keep wondering if it's loading or my computer just freezes.

Also the number of empty AI trailers and low loaders is just way too high, like 50 to 75% of all trucks.

Again thanks for the effort but I'll wait until these issues are fixed :)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information