[Obsolete] [Q&A] Which cities/ferries/roads are included?

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

09 Jan 2014 15:59

Mod description:
This version of the ProMods pack adds Northern France and improves a large section of the existing mod (Scandinavia is of course still present)
Content:

9 French cities
1 new Swedish city
2 new UK cities
Rebuild the roadnetwork around Amsterdam and Rotterdam
Added alot of improved signage and models in the UK, Poland, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

szwedu

09 Jan 2014 17:09

Ok i get it. Scandinavia still present .
But it would be a good idea to make a pined thread in witch there will be listed ;
- things done (actually in game)
- things that will come ( in progress of making)
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Arthur C. Clarke

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

09 Jan 2014 19:36

There are alot of topics around with that info on the forum. Development etc...

Nissantruck

13 Feb 2014 13:03

Would it be possible to use these ports/ferry terminals when you update the map of Finland.I mean, at least some of them and here is a list of at least some of shipping/ferry ports in Finland:

Helsinki-Stockholm
Helsinki-St.Petersburg
Helsinki-Tallinn
Helsinki-Rostock/Travemünde
Helsinki-Gdynia
Turku-Åland/Stockholm (Turku ferry port is in the map but not like it is in the real life when it goes via Åland/Silja Line route)
Vaasa-Umeå

Those are just a few examples from Finland departing passenger / car ferry transport routes.
For example, when going from Finland to Germany by ferry the journey can be shortened up to about 1,000 kilometers when there is no more need to drive through, for example, Sweden and freight costs are reduced when a truck / passenger car gets directly from Finland to central europe.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Tijzemaes
Donation rank:

13 Feb 2014 21:31

Nissantruck wrote:Would it be possible to use these ports/ferry terminals when you update the map of Finland.I mean, at least some of them and here is a list of at least some of shipping/ferry ports in Finland:

Helsinki-Stockholm
Helsinki-St.Petersburg
Helsinki-Tallinn
Helsinki-Gdynia
Turku-Åland/Stockholm (Turku ferry port is in the map but not like it is in the real life when it goes via Åland/Silja Line route)
Vaasa-Umeå

Those are just a few examples from Finland departing passenger / car ferry transport routes.
For example, when going from Finland to Germany by ferry the journey can be shortened up to about 1,000 kilometers when there is no more need to drive through, for example, Sweden and freight costs are reduced when a truck / passenger car gets directly from Finland to central europe.
Isn't the name of the gam Euro TRUCK Simulator? :D Otherwise they would call it Euro Ferry Simulator! I mean, why would you take ferries all the time when it's a lot funnier to drive all the way! :p
#JeSuisCharlie

Nissantruck

14 Feb 2014 13:16

Tijzemaes wrote:
Nissantruck wrote:Would it be possible to use these ports/ferry terminals when you update the map of Finland.I mean, at least some of them and here is a list of at least some of shipping/ferry ports in Finland:

Helsinki-Stockholm
Helsinki-St.Petersburg
Helsinki-Tallinn
Helsinki-Gdynia
Vaasa-Umeå

Isn't the name of the gam Euro TRUCK Simulator? :D Otherwise they would call it Euro Ferry Simulator! I mean, why would you take ferries all the time when it's a lot funnier to drive all the way! :p
These port locations are only examples of what the program-makers can put on the simulator map and for example the Turku-Stockholm ferry already is included in the simulator and if I have not understood completely wrong the Helsinki-Tallinn ferry line will come to the map later.And the driving distance will be shortened if you can use different ferry terminals to deliver goods faster and you will get your money faster and you can take yet another cargo for transport and the supply of money can Go ahead again to your cash register and you can always change the route so its not so boring every time when you drive the same route all the time i mean like it is now when i drive from Helsinki to Central europe through Sweden/ Denmark so it has been pretty boring stuff when it would be nice if you could change the routes between different countrys such as you can do in real life and if i understand this properly the mode map is a copy of real life maps and I know how boring it can be when you drive all the time the same roads and i now that when I have to drive a car in different parts of europe and Finland in the real life situations.So variation can refresh it is an old Finnish saying. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

M4rkus

20 Mar 2014 16:16

I've read that you took Rügen and Sassnitz ferry into consideration for ProMods. Did you eventually decide whether to put it into the map or not?

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

20 Mar 2014 16:43

Nope not yet.

Rocket455Man

02 Apr 2014 19:54

What about Helsinki - Stockholm ferry line?

Is it coming at Scandinavian mod sometime?

My 1.9.22 & 1.6 update doesn't have Helsinki ferry. Is it this update included?
- Real Full Trailer Combination Driver -

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2014 19:57

there wont be any stockholm-helsinki ferry because otherwise no one will use the road between turku and helsinki.

There will be a helsinki-tallinn ferry.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information