First impressions/experiences/opinions about ATS

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Peterson

11 Feb 2016 08:49

Brake light, yes. And it's pretty confusing since you can't really see the turn signal, especially at night.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2016 12:04

That indeed is kinda confusing. Luckily it doesn't happen that often.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

11 Feb 2016 14:31

Royota wrote:I have two more questions about ATS and reality. I drove from Los Angeles to east but i didnt find Route 66. Is it the route in the game?
Aside from the stretch going immediately east of Santa Monica Pier, Route 66 is not currently included in ATS.

We likely won't see anything until maybe Kingman in Arizona where it gains some distance from the Interstates. The remaining Californian sections (National Old Trails Highway for the most part) are closely paralleled by I-15, I-40 or other major roads.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

onwisco

14 Feb 2016 13:58

Royota wrote:I have two more questions about ATS and reality. I drove from Los Angeles to east but I didn't find Route 66. Is it the route in the game?

No, US 66 was officially deleted back in 1985. The sections that are still extant are sometimes marked as "Historic Route 66" but are not part of the US Highway System. Many of remnants are state highways or in a lot of cases local roads.

Boosted Doge
Donation rank:

14 Feb 2016 15:38

The only problema with ATS i found, as most people already said, is the scale. They should have used the same scale as ETS2 1:19, i don't know if they can rescale it now, but i think they should
Image Image

Peterson

14 Feb 2016 16:31

Well, I took out a digital map and compared Europe to USA... that scale is well justified. Imagine how big the map would be if it was in 1:19 scale, and I'm not talking about that huge amount of work that would have to be put into. This scale is good enough for future developement, heck I would even say that it's ideal, can you imagine how boring it would be to drive through Nevada's desert or plains in the Midwest? Hundreds of kilometres full of nothing but potato and corn fields, it would end up like ROS.

So, to keep things exciting, they used the best scale ever. Or, so that it won't become boring. Both. Maybe.

But you people will be still bitching about ATS's scale, so... let me explain just a bit more. If Europe was made with the ATS scale, there wouldn't be a single impression of driving in Europe. It would just pass by, which is ridiculous. On a 1000kmish journey, you pass several countries and they are all different. How does California and Nevada differ? Both are deserted, about the same, 1000kmish journey across the same environement. No hills, no changements, just sand and idiots in left lane. It doesn't sound even remotely interesting, it's like driving in the Outback. You would get bored, and you know it, you just don't want to admit it.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

jasper

14 Feb 2016 16:53

I totally agree with you , ATS in same scale as ETS2 would be very boring until reaching the delivery spot , i think SCS should have made few more states before initial release and people bought at day one wouldn't be criticizing about that as the major weak point of the game.
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

14 Feb 2016 17:27

1:25 is basically half-way and such a nice number ;)

lumentulo

19 Feb 2016 17:27

Peterson, and now just try to imagine, how you can crunch all northeastern cities into this. Something will have to be left behind. And if you consider adding Canada then the thing just get more messy. And there won't be any topic on making the cities even big, otherwise they just won't give you all their impression, which will bite a solid chunk of the spirit of America.

Obviously, it's a matter of taste. I like what I see when I drive as I mainly cherish the process (having 500.000+ km behind I don't have any significant objectives, really). Especially since I've found the way to change my grafics settings to something more interesting than "everything's off / 100% scale".
Languages: RU, EN, DE, PL.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

19 Feb 2016 19:48

Peterson wrote:This scale is good enough for future developement, heck I would even say that it's ideal, can you imagine how boring it would be to drive through Nevada's desert or plains in the Midwest? Hundreds of kilometres full of nothing but potato and corn fields, it would end up like ROS.
Europe has areas like these as well: Northern Sweden, Finland, Iceland. Those areas are also quite empty, yet, they are still interesting enough to play. As a mapper, you have to make the most out of "nothing" and in Iceland, "nothing" turned out to be one of the most beloved areas in ProMods, despite people saying in advance that it would be boring to drive around in such an empty country...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information