ProMods for ATS

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
iBallasticwolf2

09 Feb 2016 21:54

Some parts of ATS could certainly benefit from improvements, but not in the near future because from what I've seen in ATS SCS isn't done working in California.
CPU: Intel i5-4590
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
PSU: Thermaltake 650 watt bronze
RAM: 16 GB
SSD: Western Digital 500 GB
HDD: Western DIgital 1 TB

pilot2fly

10 Feb 2016 19:37

Hi guys,

Is there any plan to start building more areas of the USA to expand ATS? There is still no guarantee SCS will fully finish the United States. Also no guarantee as to when more states (other than Arizona) will come out.

Horizon™
Developer

10 Feb 2016 22:24

As a team, we know that ATS will be expanded to the East all the time, so we'll not expand in the US, most likely - we re-build the areas already release; expand to the South A.K.A - Mexico.

States will come eventually, but it'll take a long time for a company like a SCS.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Coburn
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2016 00:13

Perhaps going north would be nice. Canada and Alaska would be really fun, and it would take SCS years before entering those grounds if they are going east first.

It would also be nice if SCS would want to share some info about their mapping plans for the next two years with the modders from ProMods, so they can both focus on other regions to build.

lykopotoboy

11 Feb 2016 04:27

California in my opinion needs a complete rebuild, most the highways are nothing like in irl, and I actually lived there for 6 years of my life. However Nevada isn't all to bad all LV needs is a minor rebuild. In my opinion 1:19 scale is the best answer, because it is annoying how you are always switching roads. Plus there is no such thing as a stop light on an interstate. At least since 1990 after the I90 traffic light in Wallace,Idaho was closed, however I10 in Texas has a few at level crossings(no stop lights). Still that's the only place where they can be found. I might try to learn how to map so I can work on a 1:19 scale map that could become a Promods America map, though I'm very unfamiliar with the Eastern US.
Connoisseur of all things road, rail, water, and flight!
World of Trucks:

Dearnen

11 Feb 2016 05:27

I have begun a map mod for ATS at 1:20 scale. Right now it only consists of a background image of the US and Canada made from Google maps. I have no prior experience with making mods for ETS, so this will be a challenge for me, but I really think the map that SCS made is deficient in several ways. I'm going to start building the roads in San Diego and work outward from there.

That said, if Promods or anyone else is planning (or already working on) something similar, maybe we could join forces. It's a big project and would be best tackled by a team, imho. If anyone is interested, let's get coordinated.
~ Dearnen

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2016 07:40

All I can say is Pleeeeze finish Europe first -- Spain and Italy... pleeeeze.
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2016 07:51

Europe is still our main target ;)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Kobra2112

11 Feb 2016 10:16

Dearnen wrote:I have begun a map mod for ATS at 1:20 scale. Right now it only consists of a background image of the US and Canada made from Google maps. I have no prior experience with making mods for ETS, so this will be a challenge for me, but I really think the map that SCS made is deficient in several ways. I'm going to start building the roads in San Diego and work outward from there.

That said, if Promods or anyone else is planning (or already working on) something similar, maybe we could join forces. It's a big project and would be best tackled by a team, imho. If anyone is interested, let's get coordinated.
I've heard the devs say that they're looking for people to do America seeing how they're currently tied up in Europe. If I understand the situation or plan correctly, they are attempting to finish up Europe and clear out the backlog of projects there and then have everyone work on America. There's a "show your work" subsection of the Promods Academy section of the forum. When you've done a part of your mod that you feel comfortable showing, go over there and post it. Who knows? If the devs really like it and really feel that it's quality you might be the first official ATS mapper. Happy mapping ;)
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Coburn
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2016 12:23

It would make sense if the ProMods Team expanded with some map modders from North America so the existing mappers can continue their good work on ETS2.
The need for a good quality map extension in ATS will be huge. I personally have a 100% discovered for a few days now, and I see more and more people getting to that point.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information