[Request] Oslo-Kiel

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
luctor.emergo.3

23 Mar 2014 13:02

It would be just as like now as you go from Amsterdam to Bergen. The gps let you take the fery in Amsterdam to Newcastle and let you change ferry there to Bergen. While I think it's maybe quicker, but for sure more fun to drive throu Germany and Denmark and take there the ferry to Norway and drive al the way up to Bergen.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

23 Mar 2014 13:12

True. The GPS searches for the route with the least road-based km, despite the road-based route may be quicker. For instance, Bergen - Brest is much quicker via the Bergen - Kristiansand - Esbjerg - Harwich - Portsmouth - Cherbourg - Brest route than the suggested Bergen - Hull - Portsmouth - Cherbourg - Brest route. Just because the latter one has less road kilometers (but mor ferry kilometers!), the GPS suggests that instead of the quicker route. This potentially ruins the game and the driving experience.

And I'm going to mention it again: your jobs WILL devaluate significantly.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Nissantruck

23 Mar 2014 18:37

did ask about that Gps navigation system from people that use for exp.the trucksimulator24.de and people that i did talk to did say that sometimes when you drive in the roads of Europe you can bypass the intersection unnoticed for example if the intersection is large or if you are watching something other than a GPS device map so thats why you need to look at the map because the gps will not give you a new map route at the same time but it does exactly the same as the real GPS device in my car i mean the gps thinks for a moment sometimes too long and then you will have to take a look at the actual map so that you can see where you need to go and the Scs did not do that map there for decoration but they did it because otherwise it would be silly if it was there just for fun and i must also say that the Nico person is really smart and clever when he knows how people across the globe are using the simulator for example at home well I guess he can see what people are doing and how they use the in game gps device when people drive trucks in the Europe Because I do not know how other people use the gps and other people do not know how I use the gps i mean in the simulator so in the future i will choose by my self the route that I want to use and the Gps device can ONLY recommend a route as it does in real life in the navigation system of my car so thats why Nico is wrong
when he said that the 99.9 % of the program users rely blind to the gps device and that people do not read the map anyway the people use the map maybe not everybody but others will use it and i use the in game map too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

M4rkus

23 Mar 2014 19:07

please use some punctuation marks because otherwise your sentences will be hard to understand and if you want to bring your point to another person it is very helpful if he can understand it if you miss punctuation marks it may all become a big mash hard to read so try to use some full stops and commas the next time it would be nice ;)

Still I think, we got your point now. But even though you might keep trying, I don't think you will convince the ProMods team of mapping those ferries. Yes, what the nav says is a recommendation and you might be right that not 99.9% always follow it but most of the drivers do not completely ignore it. And as it is a game, gameplay reasons should be taken into account, too. Well, if you don't think so, it's your choice but an endless discussion probably won't bring us any further (maybe Nico will start to rant which is sometimes quite entertaining, but that's it).

But I would rather want to know what you guys think about my suggestion (ferries based on time).

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

23 Mar 2014 19:17

I like the idea, but I'm afraid it's hard-coded, which means that we can't mod it, because there's no mechanism we can access to do something like that.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2014 00:04

M4rkus wrote: Yes, what the nav says is a recommendation and you might be right that not 99.9% always follow it but most of the drivers do not completely ignore it.
In real life people follow the GPS a lot too....otherwise there would not be every now and then news out which says "driver went into the river cause his GPS told him" etc.

But such stuff happens when you ingore the signs on the roads or have not an idea of the area...^^

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2014 07:33

Yup Nissantruck most of the people I know are driving mostly on GPS... they work brilliant nowadays (alright we have a €500 system but still).

Let's get back to the game. I do like the idea from M4rkus, but as Mandelsoft said; it is hard coded so we can't add that.

oh and M4rkus no rant, it took me 20 min to undestand the whole message and I'm still figuring out what he actually said. You won't convince me to add the Oslo-Kiel ferry. It will skip trips through DK making the Frederikshavn - Oslo ferry useless.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2014 21:57

M4rkus wrote:...please use some punctuation marks because otherwise your sentences will be hard to...
Paragraphs would certainly help too... 8-)
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information