Development on version 2.x (Barents Sea Extension)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Ranchester
Donation rank:

14 Feb 2016 13:42

Some of those shots do not even look like they are from ETS2, they are so good! You have captured the vastness of northern wilderness flawlessly!

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

14 Feb 2016 16:36

That perfectly describes it: flawless!

Imagine driving these roads in midsummer, when the sun never really sets and we get to enjoy the beauty of the russian landscape 24/7 :)
If only there would be an adaptive weather system, that changes according to the area someone's in..
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

ETS2-User
Developer

14 Feb 2016 16:47

Pfc. Leyden wrote: If only there would be an adaptive weather system, that changes according to the area someone's in..
You do know that this is exactly what ETS2 has right?
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

14 Feb 2016 16:54

ETS2-User wrote:
Pfc. Leyden wrote: If only there would be an adaptive weather system, that changes according to the area someone's in..
You do know that this is exactly what ETS2 has right?
Of course, yet I rather meant something like rain turning into snow as soon as you reach the arctic circle, and generally snowy landscapes. Because that's something that ProMods features, not the game by itself. To go along with that, of course changing seasons, hence the midnight sun in Scandinavia.

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but that's why people use mods to get such an experience..
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

ETS2-User
Developer

14 Feb 2016 17:23

The daylight circle is being calculated by the game. The further north you get, the longer are the days. Climate profiles are set for a bunch of map sectors, like arctic for northern Iceland's sectors and northern european for southern Iceland's.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

skywhale
Donation rank:

16 Feb 2016 03:45

will there be a connecting road from Bergen to Bodø? or will it only be via port?

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

16 Feb 2016 09:42

I think some other team member will work on expanding E6 road northward from Oslo to make the connection. However, Bodø is on another road, Rv80. It goes from a small town called Fauske where E6 is passing through. Rv80 goes to the coast, ending in Bodø. The road is roughly 52km. I know this because i live in Bodø.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

Rocar 512E

16 Feb 2016 09:58

Some pretty nice details, nice work, i'll give you a 9/10 for not blurring that military base Image

skywhale
Donation rank:

16 Feb 2016 17:07

Chris94_NOR wrote:I think some other team member will work on expanding E6 road northward from Oslo to make the connection. However, Bodø is on another road, Rv80. It goes from a small town called Fauske where E6 is passing through. Rv80 goes to the coast, ending in Bodø. The road is roughly 52km. I know this because i live in Bodø.
That's fantastic! Google maps says it's about a 20 hour drive so I understand that that would probably take a bit more time :D Such good news I've been teaching myself norwegian to try to pass the Bergenstest and been watching many films and tv from norway and fell in love with the country so much that it would just make me so happy to be able to get a port to oslo or bergen and go all the way up through finnmark and get to murmansk! the work done here already looks absolutely incredible :mrgreen:

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

17 Feb 2016 01:23

skywhale wrote:will there be a connecting road from Bergen to Bodø? or will it only be via port?
Don't know yet but I do know that Platypus wants to connect it to finland
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information