[DISCUSSION] Realistic use of lights

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Curt-97

12 Feb 2016 17:20

I have a few things...

Firstly, while I know many countries in Europe this is mandatory, however vehicles seem to have their headlights on all the time. I know in the UK it's not mandatory but all vehicles have them on.

Does anyone know any mods that maybe able to do this? ( I imagine no but there is no harm in asking :) !!)
1. Vehicles giving way and flashing to let you go. When needing to turn at a junction or turn into a road where you have to cross the opposite side of the road there could be a lot of traffic and you could be sitting there for ages, or it causes a lot of congestion. Is there any mod that allows vehicles to do this?

2. Mainly trucks do this but some cars do too. When over taking a vehicle they flash you to advise you that it is clear to pull back into the inside lane. This would be an awesome and a very realistic addition to the game! Does anyone know of any mods for this or any plans for one?

As I said I can imagine its a no for them all but there is no harm in asking i say :)!
Last edited by LoaderSaints on 26 May 2016 10:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added tag to topic title.

Arexander
Donation rank:

17 Feb 2016 08:45

I think the AI already use their lights pretty realistically. I can't remember if they drive lights on or off in UK, been a while since I played, but I do remember the AI at times giving way and flashing their high beams to let me over a busy junction, and that's without any mods. I'm not sure if the flashing high beams for the over taker is possible to implement, but I'm not a modder so don't really know.

h91`

18 Feb 2016 19:09

In the UK, in game I've noticed a tendency for pretty much every vehicle to have their lights on, even in daytime. In real life, a handful of drivers have lights on in day time but the majority of them don't unless weather conditions dictate they should be on (rain, fog, etc). High beams are commonly used on country lanes though they get dimmed when on-coming traffic is approaching. They flash them to signal other drivers to pass. I believe daytime running lights are a requirement across the EU but these aren't really low beams and aren't meant to illuminate the road, just make you easier to see.

ScuL
Founder

18 Feb 2016 19:31

I do wish that the use of full beams in the UK was mandatory just like in Scandinavia (in any European country for that matter)

There are too many nutters that drive in dark/grey cars without any form of light when the conditions really require it
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

ETS2-User
Developer

18 Feb 2016 20:35

We had this rule in Austria but the number of so called one-eyed drivers increased instantly. Then chancellors changed and so did the law again. :lol:
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

LoaderSaints

20 Feb 2016 08:22

ScuL wrote:I do wish that the use of full beams in the UK was mandatory just like in Scandinavia (in any European country for that matter)

There are too many nutters that drive in dark/grey cars without any form of light when the conditions really require it
We don't use high beams all day long. :lol:
But yeah, use of low beams is mandatory during daytime as well which is good IMO as it helps you to see that a car is moving / being driven and not parked. High beams are only used outside city limits when it is too dark so that you can not see the distance that is required to stop your car. Though of course you don't want to blind other drivers so if you are too close to a car in front of you or there is oncoming traffic you switch back to low beams (though this is common sense as well).

I hate it too when people drive without any sort of lights on, even during the day as they are hard to detect. That is also the reason why I always use headlights in ETS2 and ATS no matter where I drive. :D

ScuL
Founder

20 Feb 2016 11:20

With full beams I didn't mean high beams, but just normal head lights. Nowadays a lot of cars come with DRL and that means that the light sources have become a lot lower causing some other people to drive with half lights (parking lights) rather than full beams.

To me, a car without lights on is a stationary car, that's what years of conditioning have done to me.. and it just annoys me when people drive without lights :D
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information