AI headlights and Scania R/Volvo DRL led lights.

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Nissantruck

24 Mar 2014 13:32

I need some help and i hope that somebody in here can help me and here are my questions.
1. How can i make the AI to use headlights/driving lights in the daytime i mean outside of the scandinavia?
Because the click the box option in the game user menu can only make some of the cars to use headlights in the daytime
and i cant change anything from the save game menu i mean just like i did change different things in the ETS1 and now
the only things that i can read are the read me files and nothing else i mean the for exp.the Notepad,Wordpad,Windows works
and Windows word cant open the files even if i move the files from my desktop Windows Vista computer to my Windows 7
laptop and i cant open them with nothing i mean the text in the files are in gibberish/a mixture of letters and numbers.
So can i have little help for that in a easy way i am not a computer nerd.
2. Where can I find a mode that allows me to use my Scania trucks DRL led lights(daytime running lights)on when i start
the truck because the led lamps are in the truck but i cant use them at all so that i do not need to use my headlights when
i drive in the daytime i mean just like in my real life cars DRL leds go on when i start the car and all other lights do not go
on before I put them on.
3. And i have the same question also for the new Volvo FH16 i mean i can use the DRL led lights in the new Volvo when i drive
but the drl led lights do not work right because they only work when the lights are in the parking lights position and it is just the wrong way of operation of the lights as DRL lights will light up when the car is started and must not work in any other way
because DRL lights are mandatory on new cars,vans and trucks in the EU or if a car company face-lifts a old car/truck model then the car can have DRL lights too or you can add them by your self to your old car.
ps.The Scania and Volvo Daytime running lights can be seen on the pictures in this question message.
Attachments
volvo-fmx-drl.jpg
Volvo FMX arrowhead-shaped DRL.
volvo-fmx-drl.jpg (60.55 KiB) Viewed 5087 times
Scania R DRL led lights..jpg
Scania R DRL in the sides of the truck.
Scania R DRL led lights..jpg (126.38 KiB) Viewed 5087 times

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2014 15:31

The daytime light behaviour is specified in country def files. But why do you want to enable them outside of Scandinavia??

I thoughed that we had to add Kiel-Oslo so it's more realistic so adding daytime lights to Germany would ruin realsim... seems like a paradox.

For opening files I seriously advise to use this website: https://www.google.com/
Contains all the websites in the world, basically any information can be extracted from there.

The other questions are alot more complicated I'm not sure if you would understand a word of it when I will try to answer it.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Nissantruck

24 Mar 2014 18:28

Nico wrote:The daytime light behaviour is specified in country def files. But why do you want to enable them outside of Scandinavia??

I thoughed that we had to add Kiel-Oslo so it's more realistic so adding daytime lights to Germany would ruin realsim... seems like a paradox.

For opening files I seriously advise to use this website: https://www.google.com/
Contains all the websites in the world, basically any information can be extracted from there.

The other questions are alot more complicated I'm not sure if you would understand a word of it when I will try to answer it.
The EU mandatory daytime running lights in the real world can help other road user to see other cars better when
driving in the roads of Europe
in the daytime and the lights are Led lights not your normal drivinglights/headlights it is a safety issue and this is a different topic that i did ask for advice only and maybe little help too because not all the people in the world are not computer neards so sometimes they need info/help on different things but i think you cant no what i mean about the DRL lights because you probebly cant even drive a car and cars have DRL lights in Germany too and offcourse cars have the same DRL lights thing in other countrys too so it is a good idea to look that up from different car brand websites or car magazines they can give more info about different car lights or driving school is a good idea too but i think i need to ask from the other simulator websites about my question because i did have help from other websites earlier about the ETS2 problems and there is life outside of internet or computers so i think thats more fun then using computers all the time like some people i will not say any names but you now who i mean about that and it is nice that i am adult person and not a child.

M4rkus

24 Mar 2014 18:46

I think he is referring to permanent Daytime Running Lights that are enabled for every trip and sometimes cannot be disabled. Some cars have them, others don't.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2014 20:18

First of all Nissan I will ignore your offensive remarks.

Secondly could you try to make sentences, this is hard to read.

I think you mean this: You want to add these daytime running lights. Let's answer you (because I'm a computer "neard") with: It's not possible. There is no such feature in ETS2.

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

25 Mar 2014 00:37

These are for a reason:

Use them.

Nissantruck

25 Mar 2014 12:08

M4rkus wrote:I think he is referring to permanent Daytime Running Lights that are enabled for every trip and sometimes cannot be disabled. Some cars have them, others don't.
M4rkus you are right I meant just those specified car lights or LED lights as they are also known by the
name Daytime Running Lights.So it is good that you now what i mean and it is a shame that i cant
have them in my trucks,because Scania/Volvo trucks are equipped with LEDs in the real world,like for example my car.
So thank you for the info.
ps.here is some polka dots and points to some people who need them it is like school days to mind me of my,
mother tongue language lessons with my teachers! ,;.:,.;:,.;:,.;:,.;:;.;.,.;:,.,.,.;:;:;:,.,., so that is that and back to my old website where Simulator users did give me help with my questions or situations where i did need help and i did have help from them so big thanks to those user.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

25 Mar 2014 12:27

This is not a simulator help website. That is the SCS forum.

This is the ProMods website, where we basically discuss the ProMods pack etc.

wesleyharris

12 May 2014 12:13

Hello guys.. I am new to this forum.. I wanted to know that, can we use other than white led lights for the daytime running lights?? Which color led lights should be used for it ??

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information