DFW metroplex map.

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

14 Feb 2016 10:58

haha yeah the jam was funny. Was a good test for my prefabs. Have got a few ideas on how to avoid them in the future ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Lolsmurf

18 Feb 2016 20:25

Has prefab making been simplified Nico ?
Sure looks nice, perhaps make the 3rd lane a bit longer for turning traffic to avoid jams.

Henter

19 Feb 2016 03:46

This looks amazing bro! All in the american spirit. :) You should try making a Diverging Diamond Interchange. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L-8z7v1VEc
FYI - On SCS Forum, I am known as "Ways71"

kerbalman
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2016 05:37

I'm very interested in watching this develop. I live in Dallas, and I drive these roads nearly every day. LBJ, I-35, I-35W, I-35E, PGBT, 183, I-20, I-30, 360, I-820, etc. Your modeling of the High Five should be quite challenging, as well as various I-35 interchanges in FTW and Dallas.

If you plan to do Texas, I recommend the following cities:
Dallas
Fort Worth
El Paso
Houston
Austin
Abilene
Amarillo
Port Aransas
Texarkana
Midland-Odessa (oil derricks, lots of oil derricks and pumps)
San Antonio
Corpus Christi

Smaller cities:
Laredo
Lubbock
San Angelo
Fort Stockton
Witchita Falls
Brownsville

cliffball
Donation rank:

23 Feb 2016 00:00

Having driven through the Metroplex enough times to last me a lifetime, I suggest keeping the perpetual construction, that way it's a challenge and confusing all at the same time.

I live near 287 in Wichita County. If that's done from Fort Worth through Decatur to Wichita Falls to Amarillo by any of the modders, it would be an incredibly boring drive. Although, I guess that would be true of I-10, I-20, and I-40.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

23 Feb 2016 20:25

Lolsmurf wrote:Has prefab making been simplified Nico ?
Not really. Just more people knowing how to do it. Thought that it's time to learn it myself as well :p
Henter wrote: You should try making a Diverging Diamond Interchange.
Not sure if they are present in the area. Right now I'd rather want to focus first on getting a decent set of assets to work with ;)
kerbalman wrote:Your modeling of the High Five should be quite challenging, as well as various I-35 interchanges in FTW and Dallas.
Turns out I have had a good look at the High Five. Spent about 15 minutes in standing traffic there about 3 years ago. Never knew it was called the High Five :p

As for building Texas.

I changed map scale to 1:4. Building all of Texas will probably be impossible. North to South I first want to focus on getting I-35E and I-35W complete. East to West I'm not sure yet where to stop.

Right now I'm very busy with school projects so didn't have alot of time to work on it yet. So far I have modelled one big stack interchange and several exits with frontage roads etc.

It will take some time for the landscaping to be finished. Once that's finished I will show more content ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Zulnex
Donation rank:

29 Feb 2016 03:28

Looks awesome. Keep up the excellent work Nico.

xela1961

23 Mar 2016 16:47

Nico, your work is .... I don't know the word.
Your new prefabs creation will change the future of mapping.
It looks awesome. Your work make us to see the real American interstates.

smith121363
Donation rank:

23 Mar 2016 19:28

@ Nico, As far as east to west, it would be nice to at lest be able to have the "key" present in game. If you are not sure what the "key" is just pull back above D/FW in Google Earth and I am sure you will find it.

If you want to cover a bit larger area I would suggest:
North = Denton
South = Hillsboro
East = Terrell
West = Weatherford
This area will cover all the major highway splits and mergers. It also covers the majority of the commuter traffic in and out of D/FW.

gregory.huizer
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2016 09:45

@Nico What would I need to make my own prefabs and where could I find tutorials?

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information