Low Graphic Performance

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
bkomitov

14 Feb 2016 14:49

Hi guys, I'm new here so if there is a topic for this (that obviously I couldn't find) please accept apologies.

My PC:

i5 6500
8 GB DDR4
R9 380 4 GB

I played the vanilla game at max graphic settings.

I installed the Pro Mods along with Jazzycat Traffic mods. At first I used High Drawing distance definitions and I saw major drop in FPS and lag while in in-cabin view. I changed to Standard DD and it get normal again - Close to 60 fps. But when I enter cities (I was passing by Munich) the lag returns with fps drop to little above 30.

Is this normal for this mine-craft type cubic graphic? What are the visual settings that I should lower first? Any help will be appreciated.

In the meanwhile I'll sit grounded in my Volvo :)

ScuL
Founder

16 Feb 2016 04:04

What is your scaling set to?
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

bkomitov

17 Feb 2016 08:54

ScuL wrote:What is your scaling set to?
As I don't know what this function does, it's set to the default level for Ultra settings: 125 %

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

17 Feb 2016 09:49

You can lower that, it's barely noticed. What are the mirror settings? (Mirror detail/mirror drawing distance) Those can be lowered too. The mirrors are huge resource eaters.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

17 Feb 2016 15:35

I disagree: mirrors are hugely important in driving and parking. Put scaling to 100% and skimp on MLAA (because it does f-all, imo) and shadow texture detail instead.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

bkomitov

18 Feb 2016 15:43

At first with High Drawing distance definitions, where I had 30 fps in cabin and 50+ in 3rd person camera, I lowered the mirror settings and gained 5-6 fps.

With the Standard DD, I had very good in cabin fps - 50+ and I was present in a city, so I thought all was cool and continued the game. When I entered Munich and may be there are some edits on the city view, or too much traffic, but I got lag and fps drop to 30. This is a game ruiner for me and I had to disable the mod.

Are there other possibilities except lowering graphic, may be to disable some of the mod files? Or as I was in other threads that mod order can be problematic.
I'll be grateful for any advices :)

tad18

20 Feb 2016 22:43

I am having framerate issues too, I'm using some mods but not too many, My new system is running Win10 with an Intel Core I7 5820k, 16GB DDR4 Ram and a Asus Strix GTX980 TI 6GB GPU, the game itself is installed to my SSD so this shouldn't be happening, I guessed I would be able to run my game on max settings with this high end setup but I guess not with this mod installed :/ .

I don't know where this framedrop is coming from, I usually get it near or on freeway exits and on ramps.

Without promods my game runs lagfree at a constant 60FPS at max settings even with a ton of mods installed, so I am almost 100% convinced that it has something to do with promods itself, maybe it isn't optimized that well?

If there is a solution, I would love to hear it as well, thanks all for all the help.

ScuL
Founder

20 Feb 2016 22:46

It really depends on where you are in the game, also note that some trailer/truck mods are very heavy (10 or 20MB textures), and if you run those at 400% scaling it will suck a lot of power out of even the most high-end systems.

You can start monitoring your triangle count to assess what is causing the problem.

In config.cfg enable g_developer 1 to get into the console, then enable g_fps 1 to see the FPS count in game
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

tad18

21 Feb 2016 14:00

I have tested it out and looked if other mods were to blame, but I don't see a difference between playing with only promods active versus playing with promods and other mods activated, also I only do get the framedrop in certain areas, like here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/soat5pcjp ... _00007.jpg#
http://www.mediafire.com/view/x3eaok6d5 ... _00001.jpg#
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ad0gvosko ... _00005.jpg#

Day or Night, it doesn't matter. It seems the on and off ramps are just too detailed or something.
The strangest thing is that I have more framedrop on the on and off ramps than anywhere else on the map.
Also as you can see, there isn't a single truck or car driving where I am driving so it can't be that either.

I am out of ideas, I don't know how I can fix this other than to dial down my graphics settings......
Are there any other things that I can do? I even tried it on 64Bit ETS2 but that doesn't help either.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

22 Feb 2016 12:44

Can you please use sites like www.imgur.com to share images instead of a downloadsite like mediafire?
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information