DLC Arizona

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Michieten88

01 Mar 2016 16:22

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/03/arizona-teasing.html

Shortly after the release :) - a couple of months now!

Why don't they hire man power to speed this up? I don't wanna wait 5 years to get to Boston :roll:
Way too much , too much
The game is good , catchy but give me some headaches to wait 5 years to see the whole continent done
The quality is superior to ETS 2 , clearly but with 4 people on development for an DLC ? for both games - 8 people ? 16 sounds better - Come on SCS hire the guys from ProMods ! :) - just a thought ;)

cdawg9999
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2016 16:32

That second screenshot in the blog infuriates me. I really hope that's not another interstate with an at grade crossing. Even if its a US/Arizona state highway that should at minimum have traffic lights. You can tell how backed up the traffic is.

But on a positive note, the fourth screenshot looks like a custom interchange.

The Vegetation looks spot on. Dry, red, and rocky. Just the way it should be
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198274188504]Image[/url]

Michieten88

01 Mar 2016 16:37

Indeed in the 4 screenshot we got one , hope to be driveable :lol:
I think is this interchange , Teresa place
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4606591 ... 343152,16z

Horizon™
Developer

01 Mar 2016 16:44

Why don't they hire man power to speed this up? I don't wanna wait 5 years to get to Boston :roll:
Way too much , too much
Because more man-power means that the amount of wages they pay, and training would cost money which would be very big disadvantage for their budget (Remember, they are not AAA company which can employing people and stuff frequently).
The game is good , attractive but give me some headaches to wait 5 years to see the whole continent done
Well, then you'll wait because it is very long process - asset creation and mapping takes a lot of hours.
The quality is superior to ETS 2 , clearly but with 4 people on development for an DLC ? for both games - 8 people ? 16 sounds better - Come on SCS hire the guys from ProMods ! :) - just a thought ;)
Quality is much, much better than the ETS2(Excluding their great effort on DLC Scandinavia) and it really gives the feeling of the place more clearly than in the old game. Even if they split up like that...they have no other choices because people request stuff which requires more people, or more hours spent per person doing that. Our people? I don't think so... - 2 our guys are living in the Oceania(ScuL is surely working all the time, then the other team member is at school) - Most of us are still at schools or doing any other education thingy... some of us are working, so I wouldn't think us becoming the part of the company...
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Puncake
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2016 16:56

Michieten88 wrote:Why don't they hire man power to speed this up? I don't wanna wait 5 years to get to Boston :roll:
Way too much , too much
When ets2 first came out there was about 15 people working at SCS. Now there are over 60. SCS have multiple teams. This includes asset team, a ets2 team, ats team and maybe more. think of it if there was still 15 people. then you can imagine dividing them up into the smaller teams. Of course progress would be done alot quicker if the team grew more and there wasnt a dedicated ets2 team. But because SCS know that so many love ets2 they dont want it to die out so they will carry on supporting it for 5 years (i believe. feel free to correct if wrong). SCS would love to produce content much quicker but they want to build in in quality. remember it about quality not quantity.

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2016 17:06

Solution is obvious to anyone who cares to think about it:
1) hire new people if ATS was very successful
2) dismantle the France DLC team and redirect resources if ATS was moderately successful
3) dismantle the ATS team and redirect resources if ATS was a flop

Shiva

01 Mar 2016 17:16

Boston?
There is a map mod to ATS in the scs forums where you already can drive to Boston!
I'll not use it tho atm.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

ZelvaCZ

01 Mar 2016 17:56

Shiva wrote:There is a map mod to ATS in the scs forums where you already can drive to Boston!
Frankly? That map is terrible. Way worse than TSM for example. No vegetation on the roads except in cities. And then, palm trees and sand in New York, really?

Puncake
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2016 18:33

Lol seriously? i was gonna download aswell. At least time has been saved then

Vøytek
Developer

01 Mar 2016 19:02

I think I can make map like that for you, right after I learn the editor - one, straight road connecting East and West Coast ;)
Such a pleasure to drive, right? Long distance, open spaces :D

We have to wait, that's all we can do :)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information