Finland and Åland Islands Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Gman912

28 Feb 2016 18:12

The rebuild looks fabulous :D

oobu79
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2016 21:19

I have seen a small part of tram tracks in Tallinn so is it perhaps possible to add some to Helsinki if it works with it

oobu79
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2016 14:38

I may sound like a broken record but I just might not care, so i read from this Finland edition forum post site or what ever you might call it that the plan is to include the whole Finland so now I ask does that include Åland island that is the small island between Finald and Sweden but like all finnish people know it is a part of Finland and it's independent but part of finland

Voin kuulostaa tylsältä, mutta en enää välitä, eli siis luin tältä Finald edition post tai miksi sitä ikinä kutsutaankin, että suunnitelmissa on sisällyttää koko Suomi joten kysynki sisältääkö suunnitelma myös Ahvenanmaan jonka sijainnin jokainen suomalainen tietää samoinkuin sen, että se on osa Suomea vaikka onkin itsenäinen

Shiva

02 Mar 2016 21:38

Åland?
Someday I hope.
It should be able to fit, I think?
But I would expect it to be smaller than Faroe Islands.
+ the ingame sector at Åland, it is atm in ProMods2.01 totally empty.

Ok, interesting....
Could it be possible to fit both Mariehamn AND Långnäs harbours to the tiny Åland Islands?
Långnäs Harbour would be really small atleast.

/edit:
Could This be a possible road network in Åland?
Mariehamn:
Possible location for a Björk/Sagotree, Car dealer and S-Market, just south of Mariehamn Airport, Road 1.
Or have the Björk/Sagotree on the road towards Långnäs.Road 3.
Other car dealer north of Mariehamn, Road 2. + Garage location "Cough...Transmar Cough".
Just throwing ideas here.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Rocar 512E

03 Mar 2016 00:42

There used to be a topic about Aland....

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2016 00:44

Shiva wrote: Could This be a possible road network in Åland?
Mariehamn:
Possible location for a Björk/Sagotree, Car dealer and S-Market, just south of Mariehamn Airport, Road 1.
Or have the Björk/Sagotree on the road towards Långnäs.Road 3.
Other car dealer north of Mariehamn, Road 2. + Garage location "Cough...Transmar Cough".
Just throwing ideas here.
That is too many roads for Åland! Take a look at Promods Faroe Islands for example, even less roads, even though it is bigger than Åland islands.
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Shiva

03 Mar 2016 04:10

Bigger than Åland? in the ETS2 map, then yes. IRL? I would say no.
Distance by air:
Eckerö to Töftö Ferry, that is a tiny bit shorter than Sørvágur to Klaksvik.
While Eckerö to Långnäs is a tiny bit longer than Sørvágur to Klaksvik.
Eckerö-Töftö, if adding 2 small ferries, then that route could get way longer. "Than to just Töftö ferry
Töftö Ferry 400m, Simskälalinjen 1,1km

Btw, nice work @ London!

/edit:
Åland would need to be built in the same scale as Faroe Islands "or close to", otherwise it would be too small.

Anyway, future will tell.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.

Lugge-Trucker
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2016 13:05

penguinaz wrote: That is too many roads for Åland! Take a look at Promods Faroe Islands for example, even less roads, even though it is bigger than Åland islands.
That is actually not true. The Faroe Islands (1,399 km²) are smaller than the Åland Islands (1,552 km²). Since the difference isn't that big, it would make sense to add 2 cities on the Åland Islands as well, if space allows it, but that's up to the developers and I guess, they want to finish the mainland Finland first before thinking about Åland Islands.

Shiva

03 Mar 2016 16:00

Faroe Islands, is somewhere around the double size to real life in ETS2 and looks nice :)
Maybe Åland might get the same treatment, or similar, if it gets ingame.
There "should be" enough space between Stockholm and Turku.
This night/morning I did a fast experiment laying a roadlayout in the editor.
Of course I forgot to tick or tick off a box, so the roads ain't showing up on the map, only the crossings.
Anyway..... Editor background map Åland and ingame map of Åland differed in their position in north south a bit.
Sadly my map artistic creating skills ain't good at all.

Anyway... another idea for roadnetwork on Åland:D

More possible delivery locations, farms and windparks.

Fuel Stations "this includes both boat and car"

Peterson

03 Mar 2016 17:01

You know, there should just be one town on one side and a port on the other one, so that we would get to drive a bit there...
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information