[Fixed] [#3723] [Bug 2.01] Traffic stops under bridge - A1 nr Hamburg

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
natvander
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2016 00:55

Traffic comes to a sudden near stop just under bridge on A1 near Hamburg (Bauhaus turn off)

(sec+0000-0005);1964.9;27.6719;-16637.9

Very scary!
Last edited by adgjl on 21 Mar 2016 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Vøytek
Developer

02 Mar 2016 19:16

Nothing suspicious found...
Can you make a video of the problem?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

natvander
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2016 01:25

I'll see what I can do. Three times now I've had to stop suddenly as cars in front of me came to a near stop for no reason.

JayCetic

03 Mar 2016 09:54

Hi,

I have noticed this too. This occurs whenever an "accident" happens between two AI Vehicles. And it happens at three intersections on the same location.

Here is a screenshot:-

Below picture shows the car and truck has collided with each other and all is in stand still until the truck backs off to make room for the car to go ahead.

After a couple of seconds, the car goes ahead and the truck is backed up a little.

In the below pic, Both the AI Vehicles stop for the other one to pass

Also at this co-ordinate, the sign post is clashing with the wall

2192.22;33.4126;-16973.1

Jay
Jay
------------------------------------------------------------------
The journey is more important than the destination.

Vøytek
Developer

03 Mar 2016 11:33

Ah. You meant that collision? Happens sometimes :/
AI has problems at such places, it usually looks like that. AI that should wait for a good moment to enter the road, just enters the road immediately because others stop and let them do it.

About the sign in the wall - noticed it yesterday too, also that wall is too long and can be seen in tunnel. I'll add it to bugtracker today, thanks :)
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Mar 2016 12:19

I tried to solve the AI issue, making them zip-merge like they do on normal merging prefabs. Unfortunately, this doesn't stop them from crashing at a "deadlock" situation and thus far, my efforts to eliminate this behaviour seem to have little effect.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Vøytek
Developer

03 Mar 2016 12:44

AI should be rewritten from scratch but I'm sure it's a lot of work. SCS added some features since initial release but it caused new problems. AI is doing it very, very often...
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

natvander
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2016 13:04

I tried to make a video but had the same thing happen as above - accident in right lane and all lanes stopped (rubber neckers). Previous occurrences happened without the accident.

Is there a major difference between the Scandinavia prefabs and interchanges used in Autobahn rebuild (apart from the obvious)? Traffic seems to merge on and off the motorways a lot more efficiently in Scandinavia. And can I assume that the length of the on ramps plays havoc with the AI? I see a lot of vehicles (trucks in particular) merge into the on ramp and then try and get back onto the motorway (crash!).

Maybe we should rename it A-I (artificial minus intelligence) :)

Josh0

03 Mar 2016 14:30

Is there a major difference between the Scandinavia prefabs and interchanges used in Autobahn rebuild (apart from the obvious)? Traffic seems to merge on and off the motorways a lot more efficiently in Scandinavia.
Well there are a lot of factors that determine AI behavior, especially on road prefabs, including speeds and traffic density. Each road prefab also has a complex set of parameters defining the positions and lengths of the paths for each lane of travel, and which paths must yield to other paths, among other rules. Some of the factors are variable, for example traffic density can change depending on the time of the day. Some of the factors interact, for example the length of the prefab's path and the speed of the traffic can adversely affect when the AI decides it is "okay to merge". And to be clear, the length of the prefab path is not the same as the length of the on-ramp.

Any of these factors may make the Scandinavia prefabs appear to function better in certain circumstances. I suspect the specific configuration of this area is not found often in Scandinavia. This area starts as two lanes, then goes to four, then three, then four, and finally down to three going into the tunnel. In my opinion, the two separate on-ramps merging onto the highway back-to-back will amplify the AI behavior problems. But I would argue that any merging road prefab can cause the AI traffic to collide under the right circumstances, so this kind of behavior is not unexpected. At least the AI has rules for how it behaves... some drivers in real life seem to write their own rules!

Without going into detail, I can also tell you that the AI behavior in ETS2 is much better than it has been in previous games from SCS, for example the 18 Wheels of Steel series. Believe it or not. :D

JayCetic

03 Mar 2016 17:20

Hi,

I would like to add here that this problem is present in Scandinavia too. In Linköping, Sweden too this problem is present. Here are some screenshots.

The co-ordinates are 17788;11.5705;-44183.8

Below pictures were taken at Night time.

And these pictures below are taken at Day time. You can see the traffic jam caused in the last couple of pictures.

Jay
The journey is more important than the destination.

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information