Pylon Research

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
pylonzak
Donation rank:

10 Mar 2016 23:58

I've noticed a 3 X wire (upgrade to deltamast) and 12 X wire in Kobenhavn (upgrade to donaumast), this is just my idea, I'm just an expert on pylons.

pylonzak
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2016 17:53

I've seen some errors, Is it ok to improve them instead of asking? Cos they get mad at me for telling them, I've looked at Czech Republic, eastern France, Italy, some parts of UK and Slovakia, I will do pylon improvements, list for pylons per country
France: 8 X wire and 380kv donaumast
U.K. 400kv L6 Three-even mast and 6 X wire (resembles L2)
Czech and Slovakia: 380kv donaumast
Poland: 10 X wire
Germany: 380kv donaumast, 12 wired Donaumast, Three-even mast and three-odd mast
Italy: German three-even mast

And that's it :)

smith121363
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2016 19:34

I have not seen anyone get mad at you nor have I seen anyone ignore you. The majority of the people on this forum do not have a clue as to what you are posting about.(Including me) So most of us do not have any kind of a answer to your posts. I am sure some of the developers understand what you are talking about and will reply to your posts in due time.

Horizon™
Developer

18 Mar 2016 19:42

Proper research requires some more information about them, like their size, height, width, amount of wires and may be some pictures, which can be more helpful. Also, for the pylon 'bug' reporting - as it is not the game/experience breaking bug, it can be fixed by us at any time possible - it might be today, or even 1 year later.

If you are still very unhappy about the specific pylons used in that location, try give us co-ordinates and the picture to understand 'what's wrong with it?' or try to search for the alternative pylon which fits mostly, and makes you happy at some point or another, but that would mean the usage and some basic knowledge of 'ETS2 Map Editor', which will allow you changing the pylons, and other stuff.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

pylonzak
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2016 21:28

Hi guys, I have decided to do this project, First thing is models, L6, L2 and PL16 pylons with spans
on all of them. Concrete Step Barrier by Britpave because the SCS concrete barrier is unrealistic in UK. L6 Pylons are not in Northern Ireland, UK, So L2s and PL16s are the only option. On to Gantries, on the M25, they are holland style with box style not triangle. The legs are Holland style, with side by side steel beams. The M42 Birmingham and M1 Luton has Holland steel gantries, so no need to use the fresh models except for m1 widening. The modular gantry section use the 2x2 lanes NL gantry that spans the whole motorway for the M42 smart motorway and M1 Widening (Luton). There is another M1 Widening from Derby to Alfreton, use the same fresh models as m25 widening such as verge street lights, crash barriers etc. We won't be using SCS prefabs, the ch crash barrier is a replacement to the french crash barrier, we are rebuilding the UK from scratch, it will take a hell a lot of time for the people to make it, I will do minor improvements such as pylons but not modelling. Deleting the whole entire UK and rebuilding it will be in probably 2.41 I don't know, the SCS wooden power lines will be replaced by UK ones, Second thing is Cities, Derby is a city in UK, Nottingham is another one. That's it folks in some time we should get started by modelling (not me)

Horizon™
Developer

18 Mar 2016 21:49

I will be pleased, if you would not create separate topics about the same 'deal' all the time, because it can result you a warning.
---
Topics had been merged
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

martinusK

18 Mar 2016 21:57

Wait so you're actually saying "get started" instead of actually learning modelling and doing it yourself?

Sorry if i misunderstood but it sure as hell does look that way
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

pylonzak
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2016 22:12

It will take a lot of help, I'll place the pylons in and correct stuff.

smith121363
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2016 23:07

Well, I wish you and your team a lot of luck with your project. I am looking forward to the pictures of your teams progress. I would suggest that your teams' project be moved to the "Show your work" thread as that seems to be the proper place for it. Have you come up with a name for your team and your project?

pylonzak
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2016 23:16

It says failed to read-write the core mode, the map is NOT saved, backups have been advanced.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information