1.6 feedback

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Wadsteckel
Donation rank:

26 Mar 2014 21:38

Nico and team,

My first map was 1.52, and I got the 1.6 today (along with the upgrade). Kudos to all of you with the hard work on this map. It certainly adds more realism and difficulty to the game.

Starting from Amsterdam and travelling up into Denmark/Norway/Sweden, I was noticing some cars disappearing in certain areas...on ramps and the 2/1 -> 1/2 -> 2/1 -> 2/2 transition areas, mostly. I also saw a trailer in the rest area between Bremen and Hamburg heading east that didn't have wheels at first (as I drove closer, they appeared. It was on the lowboy trailer hauling Scanias). Not sure if these count as bugs or if they are limits in the game being reached.

Looking forward to southern France and the rest of the upcoming updates. Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down. ;-)

-Ed S

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

26 Mar 2014 21:45

M4rkus wrote:What looks also a bit ugly but is no bug is that the city names are in English and lower case. I know this is only a detail but as you call your Mod ProMods which I assume the Pro stands for professional you should get rid of that ;)
I think you mean country names. We want to get rid of that, but so far, our efforts to get into the locale files has failed.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

scanialoverr

26 Mar 2014 23:14

The locale. scs is encrypted. Only scs software employees have access. I think they should add an exception for you promods.

ScuL
Founder

27 Mar 2014 05:52

renaulthater wrote:The locale. scs is encrypted. Only scs software employees have access. I think they should add an exception for you promods.
I have access to the files now, being an SCS employee, however after modding and recompressing them it still doesn't work.
So for so far, people will have to deal with small capitals on the country names..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

M4rkus

27 Mar 2014 09:47

It's clear that you won't publish 20 versions where the only difference are three country names but is it alterable by the users without getting into the localization file? Probably you were able to put the names somewhere else so maybe we can individually change them to our language? If possible, could you provide some hints how to do this?

adrian007
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2014 09:58

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not if wrong sorry.
Have recently got the 1.6 , gone to the job market and there is a job to Gothenburg where the delivery point is Lidl , correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there something somewhere that said that you guys had changed the companies and wonder if this is one of those that got away :lol: as I can't see any mention of the company on the map . :o
Regards
Adrian 8-)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2014 09:59

sellplan/kaarfor have been replaced by lidl/aldi/hofer/bauhaus companies.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

M4rkus

27 Mar 2014 10:07

Maybe you should have left some of them so that the people do not feel there are companies missing.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2014 10:12

there is one left I think... but why would people think that?

It still work the same, only loading area looks different now.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

M4rkus

27 Mar 2014 10:23

but why would people think that?
I think, a lot of people see modding as giving extra content and quality improvements without removing what had been already in game. (e. g. if you rebuild a city it's okay but if you remove one, it's not). This might involve fantasy brands, too. Therefore, it might have been better to leave it up to the user's personal choice¹ or to replace only 50~75% of all Kaarfor places.

¹) I think this is something you should do more. Why not releasing expansion packs (Scandinavia, France, Euromir) plus a complete pack for convenience instead of only a complete pack? It would give people the feeling of having more choice.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information