Finland and Åland Islands Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Starfruit 017

09 Apr 2016 12:30

:cry:
Kutcheks gone also? double :cry: :cry:

I feel for the developers, they spend weeks of their life mapping and I totally understand their point.
Join my forum : My Forum!

View my Projects: My Map Work

Mathe Robert
Donation rank:

09 Apr 2016 12:48

Hei Platypus ! No need to consider a few people who do not know anything except to criticize the work of others, are many others who appreciate your work !! Thank you !!

Horizon™
Developer

09 Apr 2016 13:57

That's not a right topic to express your opinion like that, Peterson. You already had received a warning before, because of your behaviour towards others.

We will not tolerate that, so keep this post as your last and truly last warning!
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

09_KZ
Third Party Developer

09 Apr 2016 16:34

It is unfortunate when it comes to this, that good cartographers than a dozen had spent in the editor, or even hundreds of hours reluctantly engaged in the hobby because of what that ~ 10% of dissatisfied users (they are just too indulging!) Do not pay attention to them, remember from you as always waiting for a miracle remaining ~ 90% of users. ;)

On my own I want to say: I have always been inspired by the work of your team ProMods and I undertook to develop my project looking at your map of the area + RusMap. ;)

Ps:I ask forgiveness for incorrect translation.

illuminatikiwi
Donation rank:

09 Apr 2016 17:07

well, dont get me wrong, i appreciate your work. You and zelva (correct me if there were other developers also making finland) made finland. Nobody made finland in ets2 before. That is why you deserve a big respect. Yes, there is some places that would be nice to fix a bit, but overall your work is marvellous. Things like "traintracks" i mentioned are just small things you can include in later versions. Me, i don't criticise your work, i suggest things. Those who criticise, wont stop doing it. And i think it is normal because it is impossible to satisfy everyone, but if you manage to satisfy most of the people you are doing it right. Keep it up. Jatka samaa mallia! (sorry for long post)

Potsie
Donation rank:

09 Apr 2016 17:20

Developers here, they make peoples happy with their work. Its simply amazing what they are doing here. It just makes a little bit sad to see whats happening. But whatever happens his work is still there to download "always", so even if he is not continuing with this, his work is still there for all of us to enjoy. Just want to say a BIG thank you for him and every developer here.

jasper

09 Apr 2016 18:00

Platypus wrote:I see some users become more and more difficult to be satisfied. They want excellence and perfection, nothing less :(
This makes simply I have actually no more pleasure to work on this project.

My goal when I started to work with Promods was to expand the map with quality equal to SCS or a bit higher.
What I'm sure more than 90% of users are happy with it...

Sorry for all of them and thanks for their support, but actually, I'm not sure I will continue anymore ...

Regards,
Platypus
That's really a bad news , you shouldn't take their comments to hearth and ignore them instead , i whatever you and others members of Promods makes , i wouldn't dare criticize , since you all are doing great work , much more awesome than developpers's work!.

PS: Sorry for off topic
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

Platypus
Developer

09 Apr 2016 19:27

Hi,

Thanks for all your messages. I worked too much on this map and nearly forgot to play with the game :?
As I wrote it, I don't exclude to make some new work in the future, but not on short term. ("I'm not sure ...") Anyway, I definitely need a break...
I'll probably make some testing for a while. It also needs to be done.

But other devs are also working on the map. Mandelsoft did recently great work in Jÿvaskylä ;-)
So Finland will not be forgotten ;-)

Thanks for your understanding,
Platypus

pierrot71

10 Apr 2016 06:34

Yes of course as you want you have to have fun taxes.A the break is always nice to come back better as in real life ;)

karlitoo84
Donation rank:

10 Apr 2016 10:02

Platypus, Your work is amazing and Thank You for that. ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information