Location-Specific Traffic

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Googlefluff
Donation rank:

09 Apr 2016 06:47

I'm not sure whether or not this should go in Off-Topic, but it's ETS2 related so... yeah.

I was recently driving through RusMap and saw a Lada parked on the side of the road. It occurred to me that the cars in Russia and Eastern Europe in general are quite different to those typically driven in Western Europe, yet the traffic in ETS2 never changes. Roadside props (like the aforementioned Lada) can be made country-specific but traffic cannot. What do you guys think about some sort of programming (that's me sounding super knowledgeable on the subject) that spawns different types of vehicles in different parts of the map? I say 'think' as if it's some sort of dilemma, but I really just want to talk about it 'cause I'm bored and have a weird Aspergers-induced interest in traffic. Anyhoo, sorry if this is misplaced, uninteresting, or any other negative adjectives. Or already a thing that I should know about.

EDIT: It also just occurred to me that right hand drive traffic spawns in the UK. So I guess that could be expanded to car models too?

ETS2-User
Developer

09 Apr 2016 08:43

This option is actually there in the game but not used too often...
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Googlefluff
Donation rank:

09 Apr 2016 09:14

I just updated jazzycat's AI traffic pack for the first time since 2.3 (it's now 3.5) and, go figure, it does it. I'll just let myself out now :oops:

ScuL
Founder

09 Apr 2016 23:01

The country defs will allow you to define which vehicles are more common in other countries. We have changed this for a number of countries.. (Scandinavia & Iceland have more Volvos for instance)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Googlefluff
Donation rank:

10 Apr 2016 04:51

Thanks for the reply, ScuL. I tried messing with it but I'm not sure I'm in the right place. I go to SteamApps/common/ETS2/def/country and say I choose the Italy SCS file. When I open it in Notepad, all there is is the country code, fuel price, etc. Is code added to this to specify traffic spawning parameters or is it somewhere else? I tried extracting both my ProMods def file and jazzycat's traffic pack to see what was in them but it wouldn't let me for some reason.

ScuL
Founder

10 Apr 2016 07:54

Yes inside the country folder there is a subfolder called AI (not all countries have them)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Googlefluff
Donation rank:

10 Apr 2016 09:22

Thanks, I found them :) Now that I've got jazzycat's most recent pack, I'm noticing more eastern European cars spawning in... well... the east. Still not as many as real life, but he's adding more. This is kind of an awkward thread now. I didn't realise this was already a thing :roll:

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information