disabling floating helpers

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ETS2-User
Developer

17 Apr 2016 15:14

Indeed every single point you mentioned has to be realised by SCS themselves and not by a team of hobby modders. The only thing we could try to do is filling up the terrain gaps, but that's totally outa scope of our project and would take way too much time.
However, if you want to explore the existing map and see what is behind the barriers you can switch to the developer camera mode. Google will help you ;)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Vøytek
Developer

17 Apr 2016 18:32

It would be awesome to see all these features but it's impossible for now. This game is focused on delivering cargo with a truck. It's not GTA where you can walk or drive, exploring everything around you :)
Map in GTA is always an island, filled with roads, buildings, lakes and everything. 1-3 cities and that's it.
Map in ETS2 is almost whole Europe but only roads connecting cities are in the game. There is nothing around the roads. Cities are also much smaller and not realistic. All because of 1:19 scale.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

aztec11us

17 Apr 2016 20:30

true, i didnt say they HAVE to!

hence the word - SUGGESTION

Edit: also, IF it were up to me (say i had a team of developers) ...i d recruit a few more and try to build at least some of the afford-mentioned suggestions...say resolutions, traffic, dirt, emergency, pedestrians, realistic damage.

minus open world.

then i d market the mod at about 39.99 :D
Last edited by ETS2-User on 17 Apr 2016 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't double post. Edit your posts instead.

ETS2-User
Developer

17 Apr 2016 20:36

Again: it's nothing modders can do. These things are or would have to be deeply written into the game's code which we don't have access to. Also, please don't double-post.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

17 Apr 2016 22:07

You over-estimate the capabilities of the developers; we are not professional game developers, but we are a group of people that do this for their hobby in our free time, trying our best to push the limits of what this game can do. We don't have access to the game's code, we don't have access to the tools of SCS and most of all: we are not on SCS's payroll. This means that we are limited in our possibilities, which greatly affects our scope.

Due to the voluntary nature of a modding team, you can't expect that we have the resources to realise your suggestions. Heck, I don't even think SCS has the resources to do it. Also, making two versions of the mod as you suggest is a no-go for us. Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to maintain two different versions of your mod? We do. We had this situation in the ProMods 1.9x era, where we both had to support DLC and non-DLC versions of our mod, which was quite frustrating at the least.

And finally, our current schedule of mapping is already over-filled. We have so many plans to execute, so many areas in Europe still to cover, yet we see that this takes at least a few years to complete. We simply just can't handle the extreme additional workload of these experimental features.

We are inventive, but we aren't miracle workers...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MYE2001

18 Apr 2016 04:19

aztec11us wrote:true, i didnt say they HAVE to!
I'm sorry if I was a bit rude. I just wanted to emphasize it.

aztec11us wrote:then i d market the mod at about 39.99 :D
Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't making paid mods for ETS 2 illegal, as you are earning money from a game that you haven't developed?

ETS2-User
Developer

18 Apr 2016 05:22

It's not actually illegal. There are some paid high quality mods, e.g. HD Trucks. It's not very benefitable for a community though...

Callipso
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2016 05:54

perhaps not illegal at present. I could imagine SCS not being too happy your profiting off their merchandise. It could be argued that a modification be subject to copyright laws as it required the use of the game that they built and designed. editing things doesn't make it any less their creation.

However if you just wanted to sell your own creations and models to be used by the game that would probably be fine, so long you are not using any of the items in the SCS inventory to do so.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information