Make a global sticky annoucement every new release

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
MistahDave
Donation rank:

22 Apr 2016 01:30

As the title of the topic says, why not make a global sticky announcement every time a new version is released. I feel like that you guys used too and then stopped sometime back.

I know you write on twitter, and I know that you send personal emails to everyone detailing the new release but sometimes I don't use twitter and days like today I don't always check my email, but I pretty much come and read the forums daily and to miss out on a few hours of the new version of promods is heart breaking. It was only when I just checked my email a few mins ago I noticed! What if I didn't check my email, it could have been days..

sob story aside, I think it would be a good idea. DISCUSS.

ScuL
Founder

22 Apr 2016 03:06

We only do it for major releases, 2.02 is a service update to support 1.23..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MistahDave
Donation rank:

22 Apr 2016 03:27

makes sense. In the mean time I shall learn to email!

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

22 Apr 2016 10:58

There is also the case that we usually post announcements later than the actual release. This is to prevent a full site-lockup by peak usage.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information