Feedback for Norway

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Gazer75
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2013 08:22

I see coming to Bergen you've set 100km/h. There is no more than 80km/h on any road around bergen. Even the small stretch of motorway have 80km/h.
Would also move the toll both near intersection of Rv.7 and E16 closer to Bergen to simulate the toll ring there.

To much traffic generated around Geilo and Odda. It almost ended in a gridlock at Geilo roundabout.
Not sure how the small roundabouts are done, but I love them as a challenge. However AI seem to have no respect of traffic rules in them :)

INSTG8R

08 Aug 2013 11:20

Yes I totally agree about the traffic around Geilo to Odda. I just happen to have a shot of the solid line I came up against in Odda. I will post a link to the image because it is too big to post here.

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/21/amxl.png

ScuL
Founder

08 Aug 2013 22:26

Gazer75 wrote:I see coming to Bergen you've set 100km/h. There is no more than 80km/h on any road around bergen. Even the small stretch of motorway have 80km/h.
Would also move the toll both near intersection of Rv.7 and E16 closer to Bergen to simulate the toll ring there.

To much traffic generated around Geilo and Odda. It almost ended in a gridlock at Geilo roundabout.
Not sure how the small roundabouts are done, but I love them as a challenge. However AI seem to have no respect of traffic rules in them :)
I thought this was the case but didn't check. I'll replace the 100km/h with 80km/h in the next update.

The traffic is probably generated exactly because of these small roundabouts, the AI reacts funny to them which I like. :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Gazer75
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2013 06:26

I think there was also 100km/h near Stavanger. There it should be 90km/h.
Also think traffic was doing 80 or less even if the sign said 100.

Link to an overlay using OpenStreetMap data.
http://www.itoworld.com/map/124?lon=8.1 ... creen=true

Use the key up top in left corner to see color codes. Bright blue are motorways with 100km/h.

Also please use small dangerous curve indicators for most roads. The wide ones were more common years ago and is still used on very sharp turns.
http://goo.gl/maps/31xFW
Documentation in Norwegian (page 67-75):
http://www.vegvesen.no/_attachment/6906 ... sskilt.pdf

Toll booth between the two ferries on E39 between Stavanger and Bergen do not exist anymore. It was closed April 30th this year, and the Triangle Link has been payed for ;)

ScuL
Founder

09 Aug 2013 10:39

Well ETS2 was published in October 2012 so we keep that date as point of reference for "actuality" :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Superdavecan

07 Sep 2013 16:39

Just wanted to say great job with Norway! So far it's the country I've explored the most on the map. I'm just wondering though if it's really necessary to have to go through the customs area when crossing into Norway from Sweden... although Norway is not in the EU, it is part of Schengen. (Although I can't really speak from experience how this border crossing goes... when I visited Norway two years ago I flew in, and when I left it wasn't over land but by ferry. So I have not actually seen that border crossing myself.)

ScuL
Founder

07 Sep 2013 16:43

Superdavecan wrote:Just wanted to say great job with Norway! So far it's the country I've explored the most on the map. I'm just wondering though if it's really necessary to have to go through the customs area when crossing into Norway from Sweden... although Norway is not in the EU, it is part of Schengen. (Although I can't really speak from experience how this border crossing goes... when I visited Norway two years ago I flew in, and when I left it wasn't over land but by ferry. So I have not actually seen that border crossing myself.)
The Svinesund crossing is closed for customs most of times but there are days it's open and the motorway just goes straight through.
Generally they only have a quick peek in the car and check who and what is in it and if you don't look suspicious wave you through!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information