Game crash

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Brador

23 Jun 2016 01:21

Hi everyone!

I really do hope that anyone have any idea what's causing the crash..

I first tried on my long played profile, and it crashed(read somewhere that was sort of stupid). Then I tried making 4-5 new profiles, that didn't work either(did even follow the intructions LoaderSaints have provided).

I really want to try this out, with the trailerpack aswell, but I'm about to give up and throw the computer out through the window..

game.log:

Any ideas what's wrong?(tried to understand it, but I really have no clue)

ScuL
Founder

23 Jun 2016 03:12

I am surprised your game wants to start in the 1st place, you are using 100 mods easily.
#1 Your def file has a bad file name (with (1) in it)..
#2 ProMods 2.03 is not installed, only the TCP and the def file are there

00:00:01.439 : [zipfs] promods-def-v203 (1).scs: read ok, 9635 entries [0x89b7948a]
00:00:01.439 : [hashfs] promods-tcp-companies-v110.scs: Mounted, 231 entries
00:00:01.463 : [zipfs] promods-tcp-def-companies-v110.scs: read ok, 53 entries [0xe7746e0b]
00:00:01.464 : [zipfs] promods-tcp-def-trailers-standalone-v110.scs: read ok, 660 entries [0x190d8d3e]
00:00:01.464 : [hashfs] promods-tcp-trailers1-v110.scs: Mounted, 925 entries
00:00:01.483 : [hashfs] promods-tcp-trailers2-v110.scs: Mounted, 223 entries
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Brador

23 Jun 2016 20:49

Thanks for the reply!

Well, the profile I'm using doesn't have any other mod activated, so I find that kind of weird.

And I have done everything right as far as I know..

Callipso
Donation rank:

23 Jun 2016 21:45

you have a file = promods-def-v203 (1) <-- this is because you downloaded the file again after it was already on your machine.
Change it to read: promods-def-v203
Make sure you don't already have a file with this name on your PC. then attempt to restart the mod in your game.

Brador

24 Jun 2016 01:22

Thanks again for replying!

I got that, and deleted the one with (1) behind, and tried to activate the first I downloaded. But still, no go.

Just to make it clear, even though LoaderSaints didn't write anything about it: The files 1-7 are going in the mod folder as they are? Or am I suposed to put dem inside the def file?

I've heard some nice stuff about the ProMod map, and I love the idea of the trailerpack. But to be honest, it's not long until I throw the computer out the window..

I just really want to try this out, and drive some good miles while doin it.

Callipso
Donation rank:

24 Jun 2016 01:41

Brador wrote:I got that, and deleted the one with (1) behind, and tried to activate the first I downloaded. But still, no go.

Just to make it clear, even though LoaderSaints didn't write anything about it: The files 1-7 are going in the mod folder as they are? Or am I suposed to put dem inside the def file?
You only need to put in the files in your mod folder as either standalone or as a replacement

promods-tcp-companies (this is the models and assets for companies to have new logos, etc)
promods-tcp-def-companies (definitions of the new companies, companies will not work without this )
promods-tcp-def-trailers-replacement (definitions for replacement trailers, replacements won't function without this)
promods-tcp-def-trailers-standalone (definitions for stadalone trailers, additional trailers won't funtion without this)
promods-tcp-trailers1 (these could have been labeled better, though its probably the replacement files, these will replace the default trailer set)
promods-tcp-trailers2 (These would be the Standalone trailers, they do not replace the default set of trailers they are additional trailers instead)

you just need to make sure if your going with one of these options that you also enable its definition file as well. so if you want companies to be replaced you would have the companies + companies def files in your mod menu.

only, one of the trailers sets should be added in your menu if you want them in your game. don't try to put both in at the same time it will cause problems.

btw, I hope your pc is not expensive, you wouldn't want to toss a lot of your money out the window ;)

Brador

24 Jun 2016 02:36

The trailerpack I did find out, it's just that every single time I try to start the game, with the def file activated, it gets to the point where it's suposed to let me drive, after all the loading, and crashes. And as said earlyer I think I've done all corectly.

I got it to work sort of on my long played savegame, but the map was not in it's right posission(type Norway was way out in the ocean :? ), but the same thing happened there. When I click drive, it loads, and when it seems to work, nope.. Crash..

The computer isn't the most expensive i've seen, but the graphic card was expensive :lol:

Josh0

24 Jun 2016 02:40

Callipso wrote:promods-tcp-trailers1 (these could have been labeled better, though its probably the replacement files, these will replace the default trailer set)
promods-tcp-trailers2 (These would be the Standalone trailers, they do not replace the default set of trailers they are additional trailers instead)
Just to clarify... the "trailers1" and "trailers2" files contain the trailer model files. I think the model files are broken into these two mod archives instead of just one mod archive because of the volume of data (over 2GB), they are not separated by any function. If you want to use PM-TCP trailers, you will need BOTH "trailer1" and "trailer2" mod files in your Mod list, in addition to ONE trailer def file ("standalone" OR "replacement").

ScuL
Founder

24 Jun 2016 09:28

Are you unpacking the promods.7z.00x files?
http://www.promods.net/help.php?mode=unpacking
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Brador

25 Jul 2016 01:45

Sorry for the late reply, but I sorted out the problem, thanks to ScuL.

I really thought that I could use WinRAR to unpack the mod(stupid Brador..), and as soon as I got 7zip, it happend to work magically, and I'm a happy little boy :lol:

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information