Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Gaiajohan

13 Jul 2016 18:10

Abraxas wrote:Anyone missed news from Iceland? I'd like to announce that Westfjords part I project is officially finished and ready for testing. Over 250 km of new roads, 4 towns (2 marked on map, but 2 nearby villages have companies), over 10 new companies. Not a single reused company prefab. Dozens of new assets and some very unique and innovative additions. Let's be honest, in terms of road length it's not very spectacular, but the landscape is.
Oh, by the way these pics are only a small teaser. I leave the best to be discovered by you, so no spoilers ;)
Oh I love it. Been to Iceland about 2 months ago.. An erm, here's an other side of that Vestfjarðargöngtunnel, coming from Isafjörður, and the tunnel itself is really special of course on the inside. Click for bigger pics

Image In one of those fjords between Hólmavík and Ísafjorður

Somewhere close to Krafla

ImageImageAnd what I loved the most, driving the Öxi-pass. Unfortunately all F-roads were still closed in May.
Last edited by KubaJAM on 13 Jul 2016 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unnecessary to quote images

Matt723

20 Jul 2016 13:36

Wondering if Greenland could be done...
As I know, it is close to Iceland and has a fairly similar climate and landscapes, as well as multiple cargo destinations and challenging roads. Possibly, you could build Nuuk (Greenland's capital), Paamiut, Narsarsuaq and Prins Christianssund on the southwestern coast of the island, with a crazy long trip north to Mybukta and Daneborg (using 1 or 2 ferries on the way). Lots of beautiful fjords, colorful houses and snowy and desolate expanses of nothingness... Incredible country.

Quick facts (from Wikipedia)

Greenland, a massive island and autonomous Danish territory between the North Atlantic and Arctic oceans, is about 80% covered in ice. Most of its small population lives along the ice-free, fjord-lined coast, particularly in the southwest. Its northerly position, largely above the Arctic Circle, results in natural phenomena such as summer’s midnight sun and winter’s Northern Lights.
Population:56,483 (2013)
Capital:Nuuk
Area:2.166 million km²

Knowing the work Purno has done on Iceland, if Greenland done by him, it'll be amazing.
I don't always play ETS2, but when I do, I prefer it with ProMods.
Keep trucking, my friends...

ETS2-User
Developer

20 Jul 2016 14:10

Purno is currently inactive. All the latest work in Iceland (2.0+) has been done by PH-AMG and Abraxas.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

20 Jul 2016 14:20

Matt723 wrote:Wondering if Greenland could be done
Sorry no
Faroe Islands and Iceland are plausible as you have a cruiseferry, Norrönna on a regular schedule
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

20 Jul 2016 15:08

Well Greenland would be like Iceland but on a bigger scale and Iceland is challenging enough.

ETS2-User
Developer

20 Jul 2016 15:20

I'd say Greenland could be the Iceland of ATS albeit belonging to Denmark...
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

crazycrab321

20 Jul 2016 15:35

But how are we gonna drive on Greenland when there is no roads from one town to another there are only roads in the towns

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

20 Jul 2016 16:29

interesting...only option then is snowmobiles or chained tires and snowmobiles aren't in either ATS or ETS2.

gurkan6236

20 Jul 2016 17:36

Is there even heavy truck traffic on Greenland?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

20 Jul 2016 18:41

This is the end for this talk about Greenland. This topic is about Iceland.
If you wanna talk about Greenland, open a new topic in the 'off-topic' section of the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Now we continue our talk about the beauty of Iceland! :D
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information