SCS is going to rescale the ATS map!

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Gman912

20 Jul 2016 22:59

We'll just have to wait and see... for a few years ;) :(

Nissantruck

21 Jul 2016 14:47

Gman912 wrote:We'll just have to wait and see... for a few years ;) :(
You are absolutely right,because if they will do all of the states in the Usa this slow.
It will take few years until all of the states are ready. :(
So i hope that the ATS map rescale can help with that.
It would be nice,if the SCS could give few new states next time when they can give any new states for people to use
in the ATS.
Until the ATS map can be ready someday.We can use the MHAPro map,Mexuscan map or Coast to Coast copy paste map.
Unfortunately they are not as good as Promods map is.That is only my opinion about that. :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Callipso
Donation rank:

21 Jul 2016 20:38

States do get smaller heading east. So maybe after all the big western states things will speed up a bit in terms of how many states get included in each DLC.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

22 Jul 2016 20:42

yea after the Mississippi River, the states start getting smaller and smaller. Especially with Rhode Island. I guess Rhode Island might be the best of maybe 3 cities or so.

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

22 Jul 2016 20:52

Don't forget that "America" does not only mean "USA" - but it also includes: Mexico, Canada, whole Central America & South America...
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

22 Jul 2016 21:29

And the Caribbean too.

Callipso
Donation rank:

22 Jul 2016 21:48

America could feasible be associated with any new area that Europeans discovered over the years. I read that even Asia was at one point in history considered to be 'America' so it could include most areas of the world if we go by a broad definition.

I think they will focus on completing the US before moving to another country though. At least that would make sense, I think it would be strange to suddenly start Mexico or Canada as they seem to be committed at the moment to the US.

Gman912

23 Jul 2016 01:06

AssassinLV wrote:Don't forget that "America" does not only mean "USA" - but it also includes: Mexico, Canada, whole Central America & South America...
Yeah and think of the driving possibilities in the future. For example, you could drive from Alaska and finish up down in Rio de Janeiro. That will take many man hours to complete :)

Callipso
Donation rank:

23 Jul 2016 06:45

some of the challenges to driving trucks in South America are that the roads through Columbia are deserted, and for good reason there are drug cartels and military guerillas in hiding all through the country. You might be stopped by a gang of thugs with Uzi's or AK-47's. South America has some really treacherous roads as well, here is one:

Yungas Road

The road straddles a shear cliff for most of the 40 mile length, there is no guard rails along the road to save your truck if you happen to slip too far. The road is single lane width so if someone comes up on you from the other direction you will have to get creative to find a way to let the traffic get past you. Regularly rains and is prone to heavy fog during the rainy season. Waterfalls and streams cross the road at various points making it very muddy at those locations. Other hazards include falling rocks and dust.

I can imagine if they put that road in there would be many complaints like "my truck fell over the side, HELP!"

Shiva

23 Jul 2016 13:02

The new North Yungas Road would be interesting too, safer and interesting.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information