UK and Ireland suggestions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
KING OF ESSEX

09 Aug 2013 02:48

kildevang wrote:
Horus wrote:If I remember rightly building cities up to a good standard can take 4-5 days and usually need a decent population size unless it's remote like Geilo in Norway, but if I had to pick three or four cities or remote towns:

1) Inverness, Scotland
2) Stornoway, Scotland
3) Holyhead, Wales
4) Bristol... am I wrong or isn't this missing from the game? Might be a nice addition to that M4/M5 junction you mentioned ScuL...

Although you know one thing the modders should try?........... Spaghetti Junction: :lol:

:D :D :D
That junction looks...... Interesting..... But not for modders :P
Hell of a lot of work for modders to complete such a splendid pile of spagbowl , imagine if they did it thou just to say that we can... " Gravelly Hill Interchange, better known by its nickname Spaghetti Junction opened in may 1972 "

simo58

09 Aug 2013 04:08

First off brilliant job on Scandinavia easily the best map yet.Just wandering how much detail are you putting into Ireland e.g towns and cities.There is mostly B roads and dual carriageways in Ireland apart from some motorways near and around cities e.g M50 around Dublin.Also a lot of B roads actually go through towns rather than around them similar to the UK I cause.
Just one more thing before I bore everyone most villages,towns and cities have petrol stations on the outskirts of them I think it could be something to look into cause its very annoying when you cant get a petrol station for 200 miles a bit unrealistic.
P.S I can a lot of info for Ireland if need the help

Gazer75
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2013 07:13

Have to remember the map scale here. Its between 1:15 and 1:19.
So 1km of real world road is only about 66m in game.
Or 1 mile is around 117 yards or 352 feet in game.

Horus

09 Aug 2013 17:40

simo58 wrote:First off brilliant job on Scandinavia easily the best map yet.Just wandering how much detail are you putting into Ireland e.g towns and cities.There is mostly B roads and dual carriageways in Ireland apart from some motorways near and around cities e.g M50 around Dublin.Also a lot of B roads actually go through towns rather than around them similar to the UK I cause.
Just one more thing before I bore everyone most villages,towns and cities have petrol stations on the outskirts of them I think it could be something to look into cause its very annoying when you cant get a petrol station for 200 miles a bit unrealistic.
P.S I can a lot of info for Ireland if need the help
I'm actually curious about what cities and port towns will come up in Ireland?

My guesses so far would be Dublin, Limerick, Galway, Cork, Waterford and Belfast for the cities.

Rosslare Harbour - Fishguard; Dublin and Belfast - Liverpool for the port towns... maybe Larne for the ferry from Scotland and Dun Laoghaire for the ferry from Holyhead if you chose to make them modders? It would free up space and give drivers more options and ports to choose.

Although north-west Ireland would be missing from my ideas...

ScuL
Founder

09 Aug 2013 17:54

The idea for Ireland would be

Cities: Belfast, Dublin, Cork possibly Galway or Limerick (no more than 4 main cities)
Harbours: Dublin, Rosslare & Cork
Ferry routes: Dublin-Holyhead, Rosslare-Fishguard, Cork-Roscoff (F)

Also we're adding Portsmouth in the UK for Portsmouth-Cherbourg (F) and Portsmouth-Bilbao (E)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Horus

09 Aug 2013 19:47

Awesome! :)

The M5 to Galway would be a fantastic option - you would arrive in a city with a great view of the Atlantic Ocean. It would be awesome to drive from Galway to Helsinki. :D

You could then also have Cork connected to Galway through the N20 and the M18; the N25 connecting Cork and Rosslare.

lolek9427

09 Aug 2013 20:37

I like your idea for Ireland ScuL although i'm a bit dissapointed that you are only planning 3 cities in the Republic of Ireland :( Maybe you could squeeze in some other towns.

Horus

09 Aug 2013 20:43

Another suggestion for minor roads - the word SLOW painted on the road:

DrunkRufie

09 Aug 2013 21:01

This is awesome news having an Irish map :D

If I can help in any way just let me know.

As for cities, the main or biggest ones in Ireland would be Dublin/Dún Laoghaire, Cork, Limerick, Galway. And Belfast which is technically part of the Uk saying it's in N. Ireland.

As for harbors, Dublin, Rosslare and Cork are the main ones but if you can it would be good to include Belfast/Larne if possible.

Horus

09 Aug 2013 21:30

I guess you have to balance ferry crossings with game difficulty. If all the ferries in real life would be put in the game, then the game would be far too easy.

Larne though would be a useful harbour to travel to from Cairnryan, Scotland. It would be a right pain to drive from Abderdeen down to Holyhead and then from Dublin up to Belfast when in real life the journey would be much shorter. Adds a new road to Scotland as well... a great chance for some beautiful scenery at Loch Ryan.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information