Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
UrgotIsGod

15 Aug 2016 22:03

Guys Keep Up The Good Work! :D

MYE2001

16 Aug 2016 07:36

I have been using a no dead end mod. It seems I will need to drop it so I can find the hidden roads!

realdeal350
Developer

16 Aug 2016 08:46

In case you're wondering there are no hidden roads in my map part so you don't have to worry there :P
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

SturmZebra
Donation rank:

16 Aug 2016 11:02

PirriAND wrote:Also, i loved that you guys included Pas de la Casa in Andorra. Even if it's NOT drivable.

It would be awesome if you could include a few towns from Andorra la Vella to Pas de la Casa/French Border. I mean the road is already created, why not add a few houses so it looks like this
Too crowded, probably. I guess there are too many houses, since L'Hospitet près de l'Andorre is added. There are no houses from there to Pas de la Cada IRL, and even it will not fit, due to the Túnel d'Envalira reaching directly from the border.

Although you could consider building a way from the roundabout behind the tunnel. (Andorran side)
Last edited by SturmZebra on 16 Aug 2016 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

Unai_Unlo12

16 Aug 2016 20:34

In basauri (a near town of bilbao) there are a lidl and a supermarket. It would be awesome to introduce it in future versions.

En basauri (un pueblo cercano a bilbao) hay una ''zona industrial'' en la que hay un lidl y un supermercado llamado bilbondo. Seria increible que lo añadierais en futuras cersiones.

EDIT:
Also there is a workshop.

Tambien hay un taller en bilbondo
Last edited by adgjl on 16 Aug 2016 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please edit your posts instead of double posting

norguy

16 Aug 2016 21:46

IvanGF14 wrote:
norguy wrote: Is this road also deleted? Doesn't seem to be in 2.1? Most beautiful ETS2 country road I have ever seen!
That road is on 2.1 but not accesible, because the road is not done and that part is bugged
I see, thank you for answering the question! :)

Will there be more developers on the Iberian Peninsula now that 2.1 is released btw?

Not that you guys are doing a bad job, (I think Spain is fantastically made and it's actually my favorite country on the map ;) ) but isn't Spain alone so big that it would be extremely time consuming to finish for only two developers?

Hasn't other big projects like the ARP, Euromir, Benelux etc. often had many developers working on it?

PirriAND

17 Aug 2016 16:32

SturmZebra wrote:
PirriAND wrote:Also, i loved that you guys included Pas de la Casa in Andorra. Even if it's NOT drivable.

It would be awesome if you could include a few towns from Andorra la Vella to Pas de la Casa/French Border. I mean the road is already created, why not add a few houses so it looks like this
Too crowded, probably. I guess there are too many houses, since L'Hospitet près de l'Andorre is added. There are no houses from there to Pas de la Cada IRL, and even it will not fit, due to the Túnel d'Envalira reaching directly from the border.

Although you could consider building a way from the roundabout behind the tunnel. (Andorran side)
Yeah, but if you drive from Andorra la Vella -> Pas de la Casa, you go through a lot of Andorran towns before you reach Túnel d'Envalira

realdeal350
Developer

18 Aug 2016 07:12

That area is complete; there is no point going back to it now as I could invest my time into something better.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Lugge-Trucker
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2016 21:40

I am really surprised that there isn't more criticism about Spain in this thread. Usually I am not the one, who is complaining a lot, but I am kinda astonished about the result of almost 1.5 yrs (!) of mapping in Spain.
Sure, there is a lot of detail in Spain, which justifies a bit that there is only a small part of the country in the north done so far (btw when will you finish Spain? 2100?), but nevertheless, the result so far is just a disgrace for ProMods (everyone who's new to PM and starts in Spain will be wondering: wtf, how bad is this? I'll go back to the better TSM).

In the last days, I've been driving along all the parts in Spain and - yes - I am also kinda disappointed about ProMods Spain. I first arrived in a 1 fps-Barcelona (I know, I only have a low-spec laptop, so I won't get 30 or even 60 fps in ETS, but it is still playable everywhere else). Why do there also need to be parking areas with thousands of parked cars?

My last Spanish city, I discovered was Bilbao and sure, this town looks great and I really appreciate the immense detail there, but the many bugs definitely prefail and make Bilbao not enjoyable at all. Rain in all the tunnels, rain in the repair shop, buggy tollbooths (especially the one in the west of the repair shop before entering the highway, where the gate just went up and down all the time, when I clicked enter, and therefore I got a lot of damage, whereas the AI just could pass through and the gate didn't go down at all), no sleeping areas (one even got built up even though it is shown on the map), hardly any signs, ...
I am definitely not reporting all those issues, I have better things to do in the next weeks. Maybe, there's someone else, who is bored enough to report all those issues. You just should overhaul the whole city once again. I know, it is not finished, it is also visible all about the city. That's why I am really wondering why do you even release such a early WIP city?

I am also wondering why do we need thousands of roads on one little piece of the map and hundreds of different ways to reach any point in ProMods Spain? Nowhere else can be found this density of roads and everywhere else this is definitely sufficient, even in the Netherlands, Belgium or Germany. So, why do we need it in ProMods Spain?

To be honest, it simply looks like a challenge of some young kids who can create more in a smaller area, as if they were following the motto: "Higher, faster, further" and as if they had lost the focus on the essential, which is creating a nice and realistic map in a 1:19 scale in a computer GAME! Yes, it's a game, not a challenge, who can do more with the map editor. Thus the long time of creation and the little result. That's just how it appears to be to me.

I really appreciate all the work, you have done elsewhere, but in the case of Spain, I will definitely not visit it once again in ProMods until it is completely overhauled and playable, but I feel very certain that SCS will release an Iberian Peninsula DLC even before Spain will be playable in ProMods (I don't even want to think about a finished Spain in ProMods, seems like you will reach China even before Spain is finished).

I really have to say you have definitely shot yourself in the foot with releasing Spain in ProMods at all. Sure, as I said before, the detail in Spain is great just as everywhere else in ProMods, but what is the good of it when it's not playable because of bugs and hardly any fps??? This makes me really understand the criticism of certain people who don't want to play ProMods. So far, I really could see over all the bugs (which were also mostly fixed after some time or will be in the next update), e.g. the wall on the motorway in England or the grass patch in Örnsköldsvik, just to mention the latest two, because I know, bugs can happen, especially in such a big project that's realized in your spare time.

So, I hope you can accept at least a piece of my criticism. I am really sorry, if it might have been to harsh at some point and I definitely didn't want to offend anybody. This is just my point of view and how this construction of Spain appears to me and maybe, you will adjust some key screws in the construction of Spain.

Luckily, there are still thousands of awesome kilometers, I can drive many more kilometers on the ProMods map, so that I can easily avoid Spain and hope for a major adjustment. Oh, and thanks for reading this long post and thanks to ProMods for this awesome map that it still is despite Spain.

Callipso
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2016 22:11

I'm sure we all know about the fps issues by now, this is something that cannot be corrected overnight, so some patience is involved in getting things working properly.

Rain in tunnels etc, is not a big issue I'm not sure why its even a problem for you. Tollbooths I've seen work okay where they are properly connected, though there are numerous booths were you just stop and not have to pay as they have no start gate connected to them. Possibly they are to be added further down the highways that are yet to be built.

Most of your criticism revolves around minor issues though and really its not all that bad driving the areas that have been built. The only major complaint here is the already known fps issues. Its not all attributed to details, the fps problem is more related to the textures and draw calls in these new Spanish cities. Once that one issue is resolved all you have left is minor problems not so much different from the rest of Europe.

I seriously doubt that this mod will reach China and not have similar issues to what is already occurring in Spain. Every area is different and has its own little quirks to deal with.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information