[DISCUSSION] Jazzycat mods

You can share and discuss ETS2 AI car mods here
Nissantruck

24 Aug 2016 11:11

cipinho wrote:
Nissantruck wrote: I did add a picture of a Finnish police car in Finland to this text and you can also see specific countries police cars in other countries in the ETS2.I mean i do see them in different European countries in the Promods map mod,when i use the Jazzycats Ai car pack.I guess that Jazzycat did do them,because the Promods team did not do them.
Alright thanks my Finnish friend, much appreciated indeed! so police cars are actually appearing in the jazzycat mod v3.8, I will pay attention next time when driving. II may then give up to Ambulance and Police pack of Skleroza as sometimes fails to load, and other times I have too many police cars and sound is anyway too basic and unrealistic.
For traffic Jazzycar has the best pack mods out here, I use besides cars, his Trucks, Buses and American trucks (this one only without American trucks added in the game as creates conflicts and inevitably crash).
You are welcome my friend from Belgium.
I hope that you can see Jazzycats police cars in your game someday. ;)
JESAN wrote:Hello
You open the mod with winrar, go to the def file and then the country and ai folders.
In each country/ai you have the mod's list of vehicles in the form of sii files for each vehicle .
Select the one for which you want to edit the frequency parameter (0 = no vehicle of that type spawns in the selected country).
I don't know how the grades work but 1 is for common cars and 0.1 for supercars like Porsche.
Ex : a german police car will have its frequency set to 0 in all the other countries excepted Germany.
You just have to change the value with Notepad, then save and Winrar will update and repack after asking you.
Thank you Jesan for that information and i also must say that your advices really do work well.
I mean i can actually change the frequency parameters of the Ai cars in different countries.
For example now i can have more Nissan cars in Finland,then before.
I do would like to add something to your text,that when you set the frequency to 2.
Then you can see more ai cars from the same car model in the game.
For example you can choose the Nissan Micra vehicle file and then change the number 1 to the number 2 and then you can see more Nissan Micra cars in the roads of the country where you like to see more of those cars.
I mean it works like that in my game really well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

JESAN
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2016 12:50

You're welcome, glad to help.

Cipus
Donation rank:

25 Aug 2016 09:39

Nissantruck wrote: You are welcome my friend from Belgium.
Miracle! I saw a police car in Hungary which don't seem to be part of the Skleroza's pack :)
as for editing .scs I wish I can learn how to do it, but I find it too complicated for my age :)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Nissantruck

26 Aug 2016 10:43

cipinho wrote:
Nissantruck wrote: You are welcome my friend from Belgium.
Miracle! I saw a police car in Hungary which don't seem to be part of the Skleroza's pack :)
as for editing .scs I wish I can learn how to do it, but I find it too complicated for my age :)
I know how you feel about that scs editing thing,because for example i can only edit Ai car files and make my own trailer mods for ETS2. ;)
So you are right it is not easy,but you can try no matter what your age is,because you can learn by doing things.
I mean for example Jesan did give good ideas on how to modify your Ai car packs in the previous page of this article.
So you could try it someday,if you think that you would like to try it out.
it is possible to do that,even if you haven't done that before. :mrgreen:

Cipus
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2016 11:46

Nissantruck wrote:Jesan did give good ideas on how to modify your Ai car packs in the previous page of this article.
A new miracle! I managed to modify a mod of Piva (Traffic Density for 1.24), by changing the spawn ration of the traffic. so I have 3 traffic packs of Jazzycat (cars, truck and buses) and managed to modify as following. cars 50%, trucks 45%, buses 5%. still I don't know how to reduce the traffic as is too dense and can't overtake any car but I shall learn soon ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

JESAN
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2016 13:46

You can adjust the spawn rate so as to have more or less vehicles appearing at the same time, adjust frequency for each hour, and safety/patience parameters, permitted speed on each road type and for any country....Tons of interesting stuff to customize.
If you think there's too many vehicles you can reduce the max vehicle count and the spawn frequencies for each vehicle type.
Note that trucks have more polycounts than cars and too many of them impacts framerates negatively.
My settings are : cars 0.75, trucks 0.20 and buses/coaches 0.05.
Spawn rates : 40, 8 and 1 respectively (can be put to 2, more coaches on the road in the summer - holidays 8-) .
Yet I have to find out about the "world" folder and the "traffic_lane" sii file in it : maybe it is possible to adjust vehicle spawn rate according to road type.

Cipus
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2016 15:25

JESAN wrote:You can adjust the spawn rate so as to have more or less vehicles appearing at the same time
Merci beaucoup Jesan, this would be the first thing to modify so the spawn rate is actually max_vehicle_count, right? in Piva's mod Traffic Density for 1.24 I found this parameter on the traffic_data file, and the value is 1000. (I don't think that 1.000 vehicle appear in the same time!). Modifying this value will not affect Jazzycat's packs? I wish that all his vehicles will be taken into account and appear in the game randomly but with less density, especially on national roads and less traffic from the opposite direction.
JESAN wrote:adjust frequency for each hour
I did this and did not help on reducing traffic, perhaps because I did not modify max_vehicle_count? to be clear here we have at the frequency factor 3 items:
1st numbers like this: 0.0000, 0.0417, 0.0833 and up to 0.9999 this should not be modified right?
2nd and 3rd are the limits of the frequency right? 0.01 - 0.01 for midnight, then like 0,05 - 0.06 for 05:00, 0.8 - 0.9 for 09:00. these numbers I have reduced following my judgement, trying to reduce the traffic.
JESAN wrote:If you think there's too many vehicles you can reduce the max vehicle count and the spawn frequencies for each vehicle type.
Note that trucks have more polycounts than cars and too many of them impacts framerates negatively.
right so I have smaller number here, like 40 for cars, 20 for trucks and 5 for buses, this means that they will never be more than 65 cars at once in the game? therefore max_vehicle_count (set for 1000) is no longer relevant?
JESAN wrote:My settings are : cars 0.75, trucks 0.20 and buses/coaches 0.05
I respect everybody's preference, but I like more trucks on the road to overtake (I have good PC and with medium graphic settings I have always constant 60 fps) so I successfully modified the traffic_vehicle_type and having 50% cars, 45% trucks and 5% buses. I am wondering if police cars also from other packs (like skleroza) are somehow affected by these settings in the traffic mod or should be operated in those mods? it seems to have very few police and ambulance cars in traffic.
JESAN wrote:Yet I have to find out about the "world" folder and the "traffic_lane" sii file in it : maybe it is possible to adjust vehicle spawn rate according to road type.
this will be very impressive, and would be even better if will be possible to reduce only the opposite traffic on national roads, and having enough vehicles to overtake. Current problem is that if we reduce the traffic, you get space to overtake but won't have vehicles to overtake, if you increase traffic you have vehicles to overtake but no space! :?
would be also nice if:
- will have more traffic around big cities and less traffic between cities.
- will have more trucks on industrial areas and less in city centers.
- will have less traffic in weekends and different ratio (less trucks)
- police cars will not respect the rules (speed, red light, overtaking)

OK so my judgement tells me that, and please correct me if I am wrong: if I reduce the max_vehicle_count (spawn rate) of all vehicle types (like max 30 cars, max 15 trucks and max 2 buses, I should have less density in the game, and the global max_vehicle_count is not that relevant/ I will try later at home!

thanks again Jesan, have a nice evening and weekend ;)
Cip

Nissantruck

26 Aug 2016 17:23

cipinho wrote:
Nissantruck wrote:Jesan did give good ideas on how to modify your Ai car packs in the previous page of this article.
A new miracle! I managed to modify a mod of Piva (Traffic Density for 1.24), by changing the spawn ration of the traffic. so I have 3 traffic packs of Jazzycat (cars, truck and buses) and managed to modify as following. cars 50%, trucks 45%, buses 5%. still I don't know how to reduce the traffic as is too dense and can't overtake any car but I shall learn soon ;)
Good work.It is like i did say,keep on trying to modify your files and then you will learn how to do that. :mrgreen:

JESAN
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2016 23:48

The spawn frequency is the value you will find along with the % of each vehicle type that spawns (for cars I think it's default 60 units).
That's the max number of vehicles of that type you can see at the same time when you drive ( not all the time but in queues for example)
I think it's related to the road nodes (where the vehicles spawn and where they vanish then respawn).So if you choose 12 units for trucks you (in theory ) you will see
12 trucks in between 2 nodes.

Not sure about the max vehicle count : I suppose it's a quick settings value : you increase it = more vehicles and the opposite

Now for time settings :
- first value correponds to in game time coding : nothing to edit there
- second value is % compared to 1 which is the default game traffic level
- third is harder to understand : a limitation on second parameter that consider the max spawn count : if you increase your % to much, you are limited by the max spawn count (i.e you put 1.5 = 150% of default traffic but the result is for instance max 100 cars spawning when your max spawn rate is 50 cars = you'll have max 50 cars). Ok Piva often wrote the same value for 2nd and 3rd night traffic parameters so I just increased both a bit otherwise motorways are like a desert at 3.00 PM which is highly unrealistic :lol:

Of course if you limit the number of spawning cars in game, you'll see less police and ambulance vehicles because there's no specific category for them to set (it's recent for buses).And Jazzycat's mods don't have traffic parameters afaik otherwise they would conflict with this mod .

For the improvements you'd like to see ingame, well there used to be city/city outskirts frequency parameters in Piva's previous traffic mods but SCS has changed many things (too many problems) and everything in the mod is extracted data from the game, edited and repacked.
So there might be more parameters but unused.

And as you say the best way is to create a quick loading test profile, edit mod , park on the emergency lane and watch what happens ;)
Have a nice week end too

Cipus
Donation rank:

28 Aug 2016 01:48

JESAN wrote:The spawn frequency is the value you will find along with the % of each vehicle type that spawns
again many thanks Jesan for your great help. I managed to bring the game close to what I wish, so after choosing a spawn ration which works for me (50% cars, 45% trucks and 5% buses), the key was to reduce also the spawn frequency of each type of vehicle, in order to reduce the traffic, therefore after a few tests I decided to keep the following:
- 50% cars ratio and 25 frequency (had 30 cars but came still too many)
-45% trucks and 15 frequency
- 5% buses and 2 or 3 frequency
I learnt that max_vehicle_count will not make any difference if set for 1.000 or 100 but the type frequency does
JESAN wrote:Now for time settings :
- first value correponds to in game time coding : nothing to edit there
- second value is % compared to 1 which is the default game traffic level
- third is harder to understand : a limitation on second parameter that consider the max spawn count
clear for 1st and 2nd and true for the 3rd , it is difficult to understand. for me looks like if different than 2nd number, it's a range between 2 values that will appear in that hour. (example: if I have for 6 AM 0.5 followed by 0.6 means that the density of the traffic will increase from 50% at 6AM to 60% at 6:59.
I prefer to not complicate too much and keep the 2nd and 3rd value identical .
on each hour I added values from 0.02 (2%) from midnight to 2 AM then increasing gradually to 0.7 at 7 AM and 100% at 9 AM. slowly reducing at lunch time and again a maximum of 100% in the afternoon with gradual decrease in the evening.
so if I understand well, a 0.5 (50%) value set for an hour will mean half of the spawn frequency set for all types of vehicles.
JESAN wrote:if you limit the number of spawning cars in game, you'll see less police and ambulance vehicles because there's no specific category for them to set
I fully understand this, however in Jazzycat packs there are few police cars and ambulances (or the frequency is very low) so I added a pack of Skleroza which comes also with sound. it's not a bad pack, but with my latest settings I don;t see and hear any!!! :evil: so perhaps I should increase more the cars frequency? I am afraid of going back to overload roads. I will try to add this pack before the traffic mod in the load order...

Return to “ETS2 AI mods”

• Information