Weather Mods

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

01 Aug 2016 00:56

Hi there!

Over the last few weeks I've been trying out several weather mods, like the different packages by Grimes (spring, summer environment, autumn, winter), Pivas' Mod and so on and so on.

Unfortunately, as I really appreciate a certain realism while playing the game, I had to learn that basically all of the popular mods have one problem in common:

Nighttime mostly is neither dark enough nor is it long enough. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's because of an update released quite some time ago, and now I've been wondering if there's a mod that might fix this. In my view the issues are, that:

- Nights are not at all pitch black between 11pm and 4 - 5am
- At around 3am in the morning, it always starts to brighten up, which is totally ridicuclous

Have you experienced similar :?:
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

LoaderSaints

01 Aug 2016 04:05

Well, the game is set in the summer when nights aren't dark in real life either... :?

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

01 Aug 2016 18:29

Yeah, that's true..Piva's Mod for example makes the night sky pitchblack in central europe, however like I said at 3am the sky just gets bright, and that regardless of your position.

In Scandinavia it actually works nice, because it stays very bright during the night although I still think it's exaggerated :?

I have also considered checking the base files but I found it a bit complicated for me personally :roll:
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

Lugge-Trucker
Donation rank:

01 Aug 2016 20:02

Even in Germany, there are days in summer, when you see the first lights of the day at 3am (depending on your position), so, this is definitely not wrong ingame.

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

01 Aug 2016 23:34

Yes, though personally I would only apply this to the most northern parts of Germany. I'd like to stress however that there's practically no real transition from lets say the middle of the night to dawn.

A smooth, slow transition to the break of dawn at around 5am would be much more believable..

Anyway, thanks for your replies!
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

vulchor
Donation rank:

28 Aug 2016 05:31

Are there any weather mods that will cycle between seasons? So is it possible to have snow for a while and then go back to spring/summer? Or would I just have to manually be changing mods out to do this?

Drive Safely

28 Aug 2016 05:52

@vulchor - Manually

zulu354

06 Sep 2016 00:00

Lugge-Trucker wrote:Even in Germany, there are days in summer, when you see the first lights of the day at 3am (depending on your position), so, this is definitely not wrong ingame.
Never can remember a night, where at 3 am I saw sunrise beginning. Probably I am just way too south in Saxony. :D Just kidding. For my feelings, the nights are too short and too bright as well. I can understand that in southern Scandinavia it's birght like this. But in for central or even southern Europe it's way too bright. But I am aware, that the game engine isn't capable to make differences to your position...

ETS2-User
Developer

06 Sep 2016 06:39

It is. Check Iceland's or Svalbard's "nights".
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

xela1961

06 Sep 2016 11:26

In the North of Iceland is almost "light" all the time, the night is very very short, but the road was full of snow and ice... so, I can't get over on all the north-part. I must turn back, from the middle... but I would like to go there in the middle of night someday.

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information