ETS v1.25

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Vøytek
Developer

08 Sep 2016 11:06

It's hard to tell. It depends on many things but we all hope it won't take long.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Pekboy1
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2016 15:29

Im sure it will not be too long i have complete trust that it will be with us asap :)

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2016 19:05

vulchor wrote:About how long does it usually take for ProMods to get updated for the latest version?
Always depends on some factors...like, did scs changed anything major with the map/assets so that those stuff has to be fixed (if not then it probably should a faster update of the mod), do the PM Guys add additional stuff before releasing an update....and of course, do they have enough time/manpower to get the map updated properly in a short time or not.

And if you cant wait, you always can downgrade your game again...but io personally sometimes prefer it to play with added stuff in the game, instead of waiting for mods....^^^

IvanGF14
Developer

08 Sep 2016 20:50

Normally if everything goes well, you can expect it in the next few weeks ;)

IceBlue

08 Sep 2016 21:47

Just being interested, what has SCS changed in 1.25 that causes PM to crash?

ETS2-User
Developer

08 Sep 2016 21:49

They've changed the map format and the structure of the files the def generator uses.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

SkGe
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2016 22:54

Is ever one update which to not broke a mod, especially map mods... each time they update is like intentionally make that way to ruin the current version of mod.
Weird and some time annoying, and now like every patch we need to wait for the map to be fix, or to stay on the older update. Till you will do the fix for the next version SCS will come and broke the map again (hope not so soon...) :)

vulchor
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2016 01:40

Wolfpig wrote:And if you cant wait, you always can downgrade your game again...but io personally sometimes prefer it to play with added stuff in the game, instead of waiting for mods....^^^
I'm playing on the downgraded version still, as I said in my original post, ProMods is so good that it's worth it. However, you raise an interesting point. I haven't gone back to vanilla in months, I barely remember it. Is it possible to run two different installs on the same machine? What I mean is can I have both versions installed at the same time? Has anyone done that, or am I the only one insane enough to think this would be a good idea?

LoaderSaints

09 Sep 2016 04:30

Why not just create another profile and have it without mods? That'd be a lot easier. :P
Unless you want the vanilla profile to always be the latest version of course then you'd need another install but AFAIK there has been cases where having a Steam and non-Steam install of the game on the same machine has caused conflicts.

vulchor
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2016 07:26

LoaderSaints wrote:Why not just create another profile and have it without mods? That'd be a lot easier. :P
Unless you want the vanilla profile to always be the latest version of course then you'd need another install but AFAIK there has been cases where having a Steam and non-Steam install of the game on the same machine has caused conflicts.
Yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear, I was talking about doing the latter example, to experience the new content that SCS have introduced in the new version while still being able to play ProMODs. I'd totallly throw more money at SCS, since they deserve it as well (top notch devs, those awesome Czechs!) if I could have two copies of the game installed at once. Too bad it doesn't work so well, I assume the problems would arise from both versions using the same user folder. I'd be interested if anyone has any creative solutions, it'd be kind of fun to get working. Maybe using virtual folders? That might do it, although I have only minimal experience using them.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information