ProMods team, A BIG THANK YOU!

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
rudenkov vladimir

10 Sep 2016 22:29

Big thanks to the whole team for the very good work. This is the best map!!! Good luck and all the best!
ProMods - (senior) Beta tester.

03 Oct 2013

Drive Safely

10 Sep 2016 23:21

Refreshing to be back in the ProMods map. This map has grown so much. :)

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2016 20:33

I will confess to y'all how much I love ProMods...
I love ProMods enough that I just built a brand-new from-scratch Hackintosh with a 4GB GTX970, just so I can enjoy the superb graphics in PM territory (and stop suffering from low fps in those "hot spots" in N Europe and S Scandinavia).

WIth a 4GB VRAM graphics card and a 4GHz Intel i7 6700 I am seeing what I've always been curious about: ETS2 in Ultra mode with 300% scaling.

And all I can say is... wow... holycow ... wow ...

The real artistry of ETS2 and especially PM becomes truly visible and appreciable if you can push your hardware to Ultra. I always suspected this and now I know :-) I apologise to all those who (like me for the last couple of years) are playing on less powerful h/w -- don't mean to crow or rub salt in, but I have to congratulate the devs (again) publicly for the astonishing level of quality and realism that has just been revealed to me. Again WOW. I'm amazed. I can hardly concentrate on driving because I'm too busy gawping at the quality of all the shadows and reflections etc; and the roadside vegetation is realistic down to the individual grass blades, sheesh.

My conscience whispers to me that it's kinda silly to blow money on new hardware just for a frivolous computer game... And yes I suppose it is; maybe I should feel foolish and guilty; but then I don't take a winter vacation, don't fly to Hawai'i or Mexico or wherever to escape the short dark cold wet days; instead I spend many happy evenings on an endless road trip through the endless, idyllic summer of ETS2 :-) Much less fossil fuel guilt and almost as much fun, plus it lasts longer :-) And my new gaming box cost less than a trip to Hawai'i, so I'm gonna call that adequate justification :-)

[If I were the uber-geek that I am too lazy ever to be, I would love to hack together a usb controller tied to a stationary exercise bike, mod a bumper cam to about the head height of a recumbent cyclist, put a giant curved screen in front of the exercise bike and tour virtual Europe by bike :-) Then I'd be getting exercise as well!]
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

ZelvaCZ

20 Sep 2016 21:23

RootlessAgrarian wrote:[If I were the uber-geek that I am too lazy ever to be, I would love to hack together a usb controller tied to a stationary exercise bike, mod a bumper cam to about the head height of a recumbent cyclist, put a giant curved screen in front of the exercise bike and tour virtual Europe by bike :-) Then I'd be getting exercise as well!]
Seriously, this is a brilliant idea :mrgreen:

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2016 22:14

I have a bunch of videos from sufferfest for my indoor bike training
https://thesufferfest.com/

To be true competitive you need feedback from ETS2 to give resistance when going up the in the mountains
hmmm interesting :D
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

21 Sep 2016 05:54

Yes well, many modern exerbikes (and treadmills) have "difficulty levels" including increased resistance, increased incline, etc, all motorised. If you were a real hacker... with a couple of Arduinos and a lot of spare time... wouldn't that be fun? Already various entrepreneur and geek-cyclist types are doing something similar with Google Street View data and an exercycle interface...

http://www.livescience.com/46714-virtua ... cling.html

http://newatlas.com/aaron-puzey-cyclevr ... ult-widget

or there's the DIY version :-)

http://www.instructables.com/id/Google- ... /?ALLSTEPS

http://road.cc/content/news/28884-googl ... vr-trainer

But I'd rather cycle -- or run -- around ETS2/PM-land :-) it's prettier than Google's Street View.
USBcycle

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

21 Sep 2016 11:42

You just need an ANT+ or Bluetooth signal converter/adapter :D
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2016 20:03

OK, all-caps, I know, a bit much, it's typographical shouting... But I am shouting, with excitement :-) I have just taken a little road trip N through Finland all the way to Murmansk and Kirkenes, then by ferry to Svalbard. Wow, wow, wow.

Is this area by the same person or team who did Iceland/Faroes? Because it's terrific in a somewhat similar style. The level of detail is delightful, including road surfaces that bend and tilt (presumably because they are on tundra and subsiding?), dirt sections, detours, hills and valleys, Russian border checkpoints, roadside truck crash; forest that realistically gets shorter and thinner (taiga-like) northbound, then gives way to open tundra; the scary-looking smelter town of Nikel; scenic Finnish villages and small towns, beautiful little lakes... just another one of those PM tours de force that keep me grinning the whole time. Big bouquets to the Far North crew, whoever you are. The PM world just gets bigger and better with every release. Highly recommend any player to take that trip to the Arctic Circle, it's well worth your time even if you don't have a cargo!
USBcycle

Zynx
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2016 02:51

I've had ProMods for about 2 weeks now and all my journeys have been amazing around the map. But what really made me want to say thank you is due to the attention to detail put into this mod. Everything is gorgeous, the Autobahn, the capitals, and everything else! I recently went to Iceland and was blown away by the attention to ambient sounds, environmental and climate transition in Iceland. I'm in Warszawa and the amount of variance in that city is amazing and I wish more cities would feel that way. Zgorzelec is a tiny city but very interesting in it's ways. So a huge kudos to the dev(s) in charge of Poland :D ! Keep on truckin'!

bavarian_gamer

09 Oct 2016 16:43

Servus,

Ich wollt mich hier nochmal für eure gebrachten Leistungen bisher ganz herzlich bedanken.
ProMods wird von Update beser und besser und ist DER Mod für ETS2 schlechthin.

Bei uns in der Virtuellen Spedition ist der "ProMods-Hype" wieder losgegangen:
-egal wann du auf den TS kommst, es ist immer wer auf ProMods unterwegs (gestern waren sogar 4/5 Leute bis um 02:30 Uhr :D)
-Neubewerber wird sofort die ProMods ans Herz gelegt, welche man dann ein Paar Tausend Kilometer nur noch schwärmen hört ;D
-bei Abwechslung wird immer ProMods anstatt die lang unangefochtene TSM.

Also ich möcht mich hier ganz ehrlich im Namen der ProMods-Fahrern bei uns in der Spedition für das ganze Bedanken!
Weil es manchmal echt gruselig ist wenn man aus "Zufall" (wie ich letztes Wochenende) am Brenner unterwegs war und dann die Raststätte Europabrücke nur von der ProMods kennt und dann mal wirklich drauffährt. ;)

Also Danke vielmals und macht weiter so ;D
bavarian_gamer

Edit:
Google Translate wrote:Servus,

I would like to thank you once again for your achievements so far.
ProMods is better and better by Update and is the mod for ETS2 parh.

With us in the virtual forwarding company, the "ProMods hype" has started again:
-egal when you come to the TS, it's always who on ProMods on the way (yesterday were even 4/5 people until at 02:30 clock: D)
-Newly, the ProMods is immediately put to the heart, which is then heard a few thousand kilometers only swarm, D
-for change, ProMods will always be the longest unchallenged TSM.

So I would like to be honest here in the name of the ProMods drivers in our forwarding company for the whole thank you!
Because it is sometimes really creepy when one from "coincidence" (as I last weekend) on the Brenner was on the road and then the resting place Europabrücke only of the ProMods knows and then really draufhnt. ;)

So thank you very much and keep doing so;
bavarian_gamer
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 09 Oct 2016 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use English on the main forum.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information