Framedrop and lags since 1.9x

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
plykkegaard
Donation rank:

24 Sep 2016 19:59

If it lags in vanilla with a 980 card you have an driver or software issue
More than one screen or high resolution?

Models/textures are just about the same as SCS uses
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Stilgar
Donation rank:

25 Sep 2016 11:15

Maybe in the grafic driver the option to overwrite the application were used, e. g. Forced antialising.

Gameresolution set to 400% and all other settings maxed plus a LOD set to max during the def file generating and than it's no wunder that the PC lags
Company: Universal Transports -- Headquarter : Hamburg

Ranchester
Donation rank:

25 Sep 2016 17:00

I discovered that fps varies between what truck im driving. Sounds crazy but its true. SCS has updated and added many features for some of the trucks. For some reason Scanias are laggy now. I changed to Iveco and fps increased noticeably. FPS is always much lower inside the cabin vs. outside camera.

Cipus
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2016 15:11

I experience also problems with serious fps drops and tried to find what caused and of course a solution. Surprisingly I found another similar problem on scs forum, with an almost identical PC (same GTX 970 as me) and fps problems after testing a Scania mod of RJL. I remembered that my problems started after testing the same mod, which by the way crashed the game (1.25). Of course I removed the mod and after that I noticed the fps drops in my game which never happened before.
None of the recommended solutions has solved the issue, I updated the drivers, optimized with Geforce experience as optimal settings and get a bit better (20-30 fps). then I reduced even more some parameters on the graphic settings and barely arrive to 30-40 but with some drops until 15-20 fps sometimes. and all these with moderate traffic! then I created a new profile, without any mods and still the same low fps.
now I am very sure that this mod might have change something in my game settings, any brilliant ideas please? has a mod the authority to change settings and even to keep these after removal?
many thanks, any reply will be highly appreciated ;)
besides this, I have another issue, every time I minimize the game it goes quickly but to restore it takes about 10-15 seconds and if I am in the mods menu, there is a change in graphic, like all words and images are selected and highlighted in black. if I launch the game in this way, I can only see a black screen while loading, but then everything comes back to normal when game starts. :twisted:
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

itomic
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2016 20:34

Same problems with low FPS and high frametime as many people hier. Vanilla works just fine, 60 fps /16ms with Vsync. With Promods 2.11 i have drops in FPS and spikes in Frametime in some cities and larger intersections wich are specific for Promods. I just arived in Barcelona and it was stutter fest with 15fps avg. It is horrible. I didnt star new game when i added Promods. But, when i disable Promods i do have butter smooth gameplay again. Promods on, and it is the same story all over again depending of location. Frined of mine said to me that he started new game and it was much better regarding the fps and stutter. What is the problem hier ??

My specs in short: i7 3770K, GTX 970 and 8GB 1866 Mhz DDR3.

MehraMilo

26 Sep 2016 21:43

Well, I'll chip in my $0.02 on the matter here. I'm seeing really severe framedrops in Barcelona with 2.11...we're talking down to 18FPS when it rains. Even if I put the camera outside of the cab. Without rain it goes all the way up to 22! Hooray! ;)

This is with the following system:
i5-3570K @ stock
AMD R9 280X on Catalyst 16.9.1
16GB RAM
Windows 10 x64

No options are forced via GPU drivers; ETS2's settings handle everything graphics-wise.

ETS2 is running via the 64-bit launch option. 1600x900 resolution, 150% scaling. Graphic settings are all on high except mirror reflections (low) and mirror draw distance (also low IIRC). Pedestrians are turned off. I can post a full settings list if it helps. The only mod I use outside of ProMods is RusMap.

Performance in other areas is fine; 60FPS most of the time. Some busier towns will dip into the 50s, and I know in Munich IIRC with a prior ProMods build I saw ~45FPS. But Barcelona is killing me, man.

Vanilla 1.25 doesn't lag at all with the above mentioned settings on my system. It sounds like some of the posters in this thread may have another issue going on, like maybe one of Nvidia's recent drivers--since all the people posting saying vanilla lags too have Nvidia GPUs, IIRC--has a problem with ETS2. Just a thought.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2016 21:57

It has been reported on the SCS forum that Geforce Experience is causing serious issues and havoc with the game engine
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

tad18

26 Sep 2016 22:08

I don't know, I don't think it is a driver or a software issue for me, all my other games run perfectly even on ultra settings.
I get high FPS on ETS2 too without promods, with promods enabled however it is a whole different story.

Get on the freeway and I can drive for hundreds of km's with up to 90fps, but if I get near or in a city the framerate drops to 38 or even lower sometimes. I think it has nothing to do with settings either because when I turn my settings down (scaling, textures, aa, etc) it still lags.

Also I have no problem with the NVidia GeForce experience, because when I turn off ProMods like I said above I get a solid 80 to 95 FPS ingame even in cities and sometimes even in the 100 FPS without VSync enabled. I don't know what the problem is but yeah.

MehraMilo

26 Sep 2016 23:57

tad18 wrote:I don't know, I don't think it is a driver or a software issue for me, all my other games run perfectly even on ultra settings.
I get high FPS on ETS2 too without promods, with promods enabled however it is a whole different story.
Right...I was referring to the posters who said they're getting lag / poor framerate without any mods installed. They clearly have another problem going on, unrelated to anything ProMods adds to the mix.

I see drops with ProMods in some cities, like I said. (Usually the larger ones. Also Iceland's northern cities, for some reason. Smaller towns are fine; maybe some drops down to 55FPS here and there.) And yeah, I've fiddled with settings a bit and it doesn't seem to do much...maybe a few more frames here or there. Honestly, I just assume ProMods is straining the limits of what ETS2's engine can do at this point.

Robsi
Donation rank:

27 Sep 2016 01:47

I think the Geforce Expirience settings are too optimistic. I changed the graphic setup to simple settings and choosed high. Scaling was at 125% and I increased it to 200% at 2560x1440. I had a ride to Barcelona today an the minimum fps was 24 which is driveble. Bevor with Geforce Expirience settings they where 16 fps or even less. On most parts of the map I get now 60 fps with VSync on on a 60Hz Monitor which is perfect for me. Sometimes it drops to 50 to 60 but this dont bother me.
I also think that Barcelona is the most complex city on the whole map and developer and modeller should not overdo it.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information