trip of disspointment

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Pasilius

10 Aug 2013 06:37

Mysil wrote:
lauge67 wrote:have had a second trip up to norway and sorry i lost all lust for this map sadly as it is nice done in many cases but to many small things that annoes me good luck in future and goodbye
All I want to say is that this is ridiculous. You are of course entitled to your opinion, but if you knew how the map editor works you wouldn't be complaining. It is almost 1:20 scale, making roads, junctions and cities 100% like real life is impossible. These guys have done a stunning job!
Hear hear!
World of Trucks - Pasilius

"It ain't the fall that gets you..it's the sudden stop at the bottom"

baddog992

10 Aug 2013 08:37

Like others have stated its not a game that is gonna be road for road perfect, especially in towns. They try and give you a more feel for the town your in more so then actual roads and the like. The original game has the Eiffel tower in the background if you look close enough for Paris, however you can not drive to it. I enjoyed the map pack a lot more so then some. I do kind of wish their were towns off in the distance to create the illusion of other towns you cant reach but are their. The original does this to good effect and makes you feel like your driving down a real road. Great map pack so far and I have only played for about an hour or so.

Sharp Chronisch

10 Aug 2013 14:49

Pasilius wrote:
Mysil wrote:
lauge67 wrote:have had a second trip up to norway and sorry i lost all lust for this map sadly as it is nice done in many cases but to many small things that annoes me good luck in future and goodbye
All I want to say is that this is ridiculous. You are of course entitled to your opinion, but if you knew how the map editor works you wouldn't be complaining. It is almost 1:20 scale, making roads, junctions and cities 100% like real life is impossible. These guys have done a stunning job!
Hear hear!

Imho you cannot satisfy everyone - but in this special case I got the impression that this is s.o. who complains for the goal of complaining. In order to pimp his lack of self confidence. Like a troll. Ignore him. No constructiv critic but whining, and in the end: Puhh you lousy people have diisappointed me and now I am gone. Ätschibätsch (as we in Germany would title what a childish person would utter)

Just my to cents

Sharp

lever dood as slav
(Frisian Motto)
lever dood as slav (old Frisian Motto)

lauge67
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2013 09:08

yes thet done a stunning job but still leaves me with a bad feel for the map sadly

and yes it is hard to do a good replica in scale

and yes i had wrong about öresund bridge

but still the mao dont exite me and make me wanna drive it

Pasilius

12 Aug 2013 06:48

lauge67 wrote:yes thet done a stunning job but still leaves me with a bad feel for the map sadly

and yes it is hard to do a good replica in scale

and yes i had wrong about öresund bridge

but still the mao dont exite me and make me wanna drive it
Then don't. There's really no need to be complaining about it here on the forum, if you're not going to use the map anyway. Just get rid of it and that's that.
World of Trucks - Pasilius

"It ain't the fall that gets you..it's the sudden stop at the bottom"

ScuL
Founder

12 Aug 2013 09:51

Stunning job and bad feel are a bit contra productive
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Pierced Brosmen

12 Aug 2013 16:52

yeah, you've done an outstanding job on this mod and it looks awesome, but since the Norwegian roads doesn't look like this, I simply can't play it without getting a feeling that the mod is crap..... :lol:

Honestly, the mod is absolutely briliant. It has the real ETS2 feel to it and yet adds some of the distinct features of scandinavian roads. All done within the limits of the game. I was a tiny tiny bit dissapointed that I didn't find any distinctive landmarks in my home town of Bergen (like the "Bryggen" or the 7 mountains surrounding the city, but just the fact that Bergen is featured and I can have a garage there, makes up for it :) (only wish I could find a way to move my HQ base from Berlin to Bergen on my main profile)

Keep up the good work. This mod and it's future iterations is a definate keeper :)

Sharp Chronisch

12 Aug 2013 17:03

OT: Nice Nickname btw. Put a smile on my face
lever dood as slav (old Frisian Motto)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information