[2.11] Sign at Portsmouth blocks view.

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
natvander
Donation rank:

10 Oct 2016 13:42

Who says I drive like a maniac? In game I travel roundabouts the same speed I do IRL (unless I'm using red&blues) - between 10 and 20kph. This roundabout you NEED to stop at that one exact point where you don't butt into the flow of traffic to see if your way is clear (defeating the purpose of a roundabout - keeping traffic moving). Unless of course you drive a bonneted truck in which case you have to enter the roundabout to see if your way is clear.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Oct 2016 16:47

I didn't mean you drive like a maniac.

I'm just saying I see absolutely no problem in the placement of the sign, and the need to stop there.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Vøytek
Developer

10 Oct 2016 17:27

So I decided to check it too.

You can't see traffic when you're at right lane. Sure, you can move very close to roundabout but AI will stop then and let you enter the roundabout. And that's not the point. You can force AI to stop in this game but it's not realistic. It's a bug in my opinion.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

natvander
Donation rank:

10 Oct 2016 22:23

Thankyou Zniwek for checking the issue yourself and confirming the issue.

Look, here's the thing. I don't waste my time reporting what I feel are bugs and issues because I've got time to waste. I report them to help improve the ProMods map because I believed those making the map were attempting to emulate the real world. The act of reporting the issue IMO breaks game immersion. So when I report some glaring issues and I get 'gamey' work-arounds (like stopping at a roundabout and creeping forward until I can see, or reversing into in-coming traffic at a major motorway service station), comments like 'you have bigger concerns on the road', or I have several obvious bug reports (with co-ords, images maps and even a video) which have gone unreplied for several builds, I get a bit disheartened that maybe the map is starting to veer away from reality and more about 'lets see what we can squeeze in here no matter what'.

If I make a report and it really isn't an issue with the map, (such as a conflict with RusMap) or a limitation of the game with no way around it, I can accept that and move on. I also realise the amount of time and effort that goes into this map (hey I was once in the same boat, putting in regularly 16hr days into a railway simulator for free until they employed me, and then putting in more). But I thought gamey work-arounds and short-cuts were beyond ProMods.

I'm not making these reports to be nit-picky or difficult. I'm making them to help ProMods improve and more accurately emulate real life.

Vøytek
Developer

10 Oct 2016 22:47

I was reporting bugs some time ago. That's why I got promoted to beta-tester. And I'm still testing and reporting everything I see to make it better. It's easy to take a screenshot and coords but then I have to describe problem and mark problem on screenshot, create new entry in bugtracker and fill all required fields. Really boring work but somebody has to do it ;) I always try to contribute, that's why I'm doing it. Many users don't see problems. Or don't know they can report it. Or don't want to waste their time on it. I understand them, it's not something they enjoy, no problem. But when somebody report a problem here, I'm trying to check it and add to bugtracker if confirmed. It's time consuming so I can't do it always. If you report something and it's not fixed in next version, write a post in your report "Not fixed in x.xx" so it'll appear in New posts and somebody will notice it. I reported one issue few times and it finally got solved. We're all just players like you but "wasting" our time on checking bugs / developing the map / moderating forum. I don't want to say that we can be lazy because we don't get paid for it but sometimes there are just more important things and some posts are overlooked if you don't check forum everyday. Feel free to PM me with list of your reports, I'll take a look.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information